Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 PM

Replacement switch

Hi, I have a winter wolf plow and I was looking for a replacement switch. I have the one in the box that goes on the window and I was looking at superwinch 1501 switch and was wondering if that would work? I also was told they have a pistol grip and pictures or price would be nice. Thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Sponsor

Snowbear Winch Controls

Hi

You can buy the oringinal replacement switch in the Black box with pictures at http://www.snowbearmountoutlet.com/s.../product/00449
Or just the switch inside of the Black Box there is a picture as well of the switch.
http://www.snowbearmountoutlet.com/s.../product/00442
I do not have pictures of the Superwinch Pistol grip but the Superwinch contros are all ones that plug into the winch itself the 1102D Superwinch on the Snowbear does not have these plugins and the new grey winch Snowbear in using also does not have them.

Thanks

Snowbear-man (Snowbear Reseller)
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 PM

I have had the snowbear plow for about 8 to 10 years now, mostly for personal use but i do my neighbors some, i live in the country and it isn,t always easy to get somebody out here. It has been a good plow much easier than the tractor and quicker. I did wreck a winch though , my fault, but my main complaint is the rotary switch and circuit breaker, almost every year i need a new one. All my electrical connection and clean bright and tight and done correctly, i,m a electronics tech so i know .lol We get an average snowfall amout of 29.5 feet, but come on guys can,t you get the switch an circuit breaker right, they aren,t cheap you know and almost always fail when you need them MOST.lol

And no i,m not spending all that money for a remote.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 PM

Hey man, nice just chatting with you, thanks for the info, so i,m probably at fault with the switches and circuit breakers as well, thanks for the advice. Like i told you this plow has had a real workout at my place and is still serving me well.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Sponsor

No Problem

Have a graet Day
Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Im form BC Canada, and I just bought a brand new BB200 88'' snowbear plow with evrything, skid shoes, markers snow deflector, lights and wireless control. The snow is just about here, but im itching to get out there. I own a small business and i have 6 small contracts. I know alot of guys will drill me for the type of plow I bought, but i know a few guys who are doing commercial work with the snowbears and they have lasted 5-10 years.

Anyways, good to know that there are some guys out there I can talk to and ask questions regarding this plow. Happy plowing guys!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 AM

cheaper option?

I wonder if you just use the 2 heavy duty SPDT relays and a momentary on OFF momentary on switch if that would be more reliable? Parts are only about $30-$40. and you get rid of that beast of a switch! That's what I did so my BIG switch is now my backup!
Cant hurt to buy these parts and save for a backup.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 PM

switches

It sure wouldn,t hurt to try something else, usually my problems occurs when i need the plow most, best i can do is call and order a switch, maybe it is time i started planning ahead a bit
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM

Regarding switches, i was just in at the Lordco automotive parts store, YUP, BC here to guys, to get a circuit breaker, $4.95, anyways they have switches in their book, i didn,t have time to go through it all, but i,m sure you could get them from there, i don,t know how much as they were busy and i was in a hurry. At our store they had to order them in, one day, so if your stuck you could check.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM

where in BC toolman?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Sponsor

Hi Mobo

Those Superwinches have a solonoid built in with a plug in for the controler where the Snowbear winch does not.

Thanks

Emmerich
Old 11-20-2009, 04:03 PM

i ordered the superwinch 2271 remote and cut the orinal weather pack off. then iireplaced it with a weatherpack from msd i picked up at the local spped shop. this way i was able to run myown wire source and tie in with the plow it works great and no more box from the window.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnsno99 View Post
i ordered the superwinch 2271 remote and cut the orinal weather pack off. then iireplaced it with a weatherpack from msd i picked up at the local spped shop. this way i was able to run myown wire source and tie in with the plow it works great and no more box from the window.
GOT PICTURES?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Sponsor

Hi

Any winch will work in the short term but off the shelf winches are geared differently than the winches supplied for the Snowbear snowplows.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Snowbear switch

Is the snowbear switch in the black box made by superwinch? I found the superwinch switch for 50 bucks. Superwinch 1591 Rotary Switch or a cole hersee switch?

Last edited by mobo; 12-09-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbear-Man View Post
Hi

You can buy the oringinal replacement switch in the Black box with pictures at http://www.snowbearmountoutlet.com/s.../product/00449
Or just the switch inside of the Black Box there is a picture as well of the switch.
http://www.snowbearmountoutlet.com/s.../product/00442
I do not have pictures of the Superwinch Pistol grip but the Superwinch contros are all ones that plug into the winch itself the 1102D Superwinch on the Snowbear does not have these plugins and the new grey winch Snowbear in using also does not have them.

Thanks

Snowbear-man (Snowbear Reseller)
Snowbear-Man,
I have an older SNOWBEAR plow (chain winch) but it is still serving me well. However, I would like to inspect my black box switch, as I think a wire may have come loose inside. How do I open the box? I have removed the screw that holds the toggle on and removed the hex nut that secures the switch shaft to the box cover. However, I am unable to dis-assemble the box. What is the trick?

Thanks,
J-Quad

P.S.
I can't seem to make your links listed above work for me. Do you have another link to suggest?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Sponsor

hi there are 4 screws that hold the black triangle control box together take them out and you can see the wires at the back of the switch.
thanks

Emmerich
Old 12-21-2009, 10:58 PM

Emmrich,

Where are the four screws?

I would have thought these screws would be thru the metal plate that serves as the base, which is in a groove at the top of the black triangle control box; however, it is smooth without any screws visible.

Any ideas on the link problems? Do they work for you?

J-Quad
Old 12-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Quad View Post
Emmrich,

Where are the four screws?

I would have thought these screws would be thru the metal plate that serves as the base, which is in a groove at the top of the black triangle control box; however, it is smooth without any screws visible.

Any ideas on the link problems? Do they work for you?

J-Quad
Snowbear-man,
You can stop scratching your head regarding my questions.

Apparently the previous owner glued a piece of 1/4" steel onto the back of the triangle control box, countersinking two holes for the screw heads to make it appear that it was all one unit. I beat and pried on it until it came loose. Then I could see the two screws that held the back plate on and was able to get the switch out.

I could see where a wire was rubbing and had a bare spot - so some shrink tubing and black electrical tape to the rescue! I wrote down the wiring order on the switch then removed all four connections and applied some dia-electric grease to the ends. I re-connected the wires according to my notes and re-assembled the control box, and lastly attached the switch toggle wing. I'll try the switch & plow out tomorrow to confirm everything is "happy". Wish me luck!

J-Quad
Old 12-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Sponsor

Hi

Thats good tyhe black control boxes I have in stock have 2 screws holding the back plate of the box on.

Thanks

Emmerich