Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 11-13-2006, 04:13 PM

Help - Finding Fisher Push Plates for Conventional (Old) Plow

I picked up an old used plow that I believe is a conventional Fisher Plow. I cannot seem to find any model number on it. I wonder if the tag is covered or worn away. It seems to be what you are calling a conventional plow on your website. It looks like it maybe an RD or an HD plow based upon looking at the pictures in the Tech docs on your website. It also has an electric pump with a single lever - cable driven control. I have the complete headgear, and crossbeam, but push plates were cut off the truck it was on with a torch.

I have several questions that I would really appreciate it if you can answer for me. I don't know where else to turn for answers . . .

How do I figure out what model it is?

How can I buy peculiar mount push plates for it once I figure out what model it is?

I would imagine that finding used push plates for a 1998 Chevy K1500 Ext Cab is the best and cheapest way to go.

If I cannot buy the push plates, can I get the specs (measurements) so I can make my own push plates?

Please help if you can.

See pics on Fisher Open Thread . . . http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=37990&page=4
Old 11-14-2006, 02:28 AM

I can't tell you if thats an RD or HD model, but it is definitely a "conventional mount" Fisher "Speed Caster" type plow set-up.

1. Somewhere on the blade, there should be a serial#, but due to the age of unit, it may not visible. If it is there, you may be able to run it past a Fisher dealer and he/she may be able to determine whether it's an RD or HD.

2. You can check Ebay for pushplates. Just search for "fisher plow", "fisher snowplow", "fisher snow plow" and you should get back quite a few items. I've seen numerous older plows and vehicle mounts on there before.

3. If you intend to mount the plow on a 1998 Chevy K1500 P/U, then you need to find pushplates that are made for that specific vehicle. Unless of course you're good with steel fabrication and a welder, then it really doesn't matter.

4. For complete specs, drawings, install info, etc., check out www.fisherplows.com. Fisher provides tons of info on current and discontinued models in their "tech" pages.

Good luck
Ryan