Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM

xtreme vee relief valve question

My 9'6 xtreme vee isn't lifting like it should when pushing the slightest amount of snow... with anything wet, it wont stack at all... After some research I have narrowed my problem down to a relief valve probably being out of adjustment.

I just want to double check which valve to adjust and the procedure before I do something that could leave me SOL at 3am

To get it into proper adjustment, I should turn valve C in all the way, then back it out 2.5 turns Correct?

(Page 19) http://library.fisherplows.com/fishe....01_080110.pdf

2012-2013 Seasonal Snow Total 103.4" as of 3/30/13
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 AM
PlowSite Veteran

You should be doing a pressure test, and adjusting it accordingly by a 1/4 turn. It should read 2250. And yes, that is the correct valve - see pg. 82.

Make sure your fluid is topped off. How old is the plow, when was it's last fluid change? It could be a contaminated or faulty valve as well. When I had raising issue with my xls, they kept replacing the S2 valve. I would start with a fluid change if needed, otherwise top it off, then pressure test it, and adjust accordingly.
PlowGuy.Net

Old 01-02-2014, 03:02 PM

what solved the problem? having the same slow raise issue with my brand new xls. checked all fluid and connections, angles and wngs are fine but sometimes seems like it wont go up. can't sack on to of curb even with a dusting, never nind a full plow. I dont have a book either!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:16 PM

I never ended up doing anything. I didn't want to screw anything up. Just kind of learned to work around it. Sorry I couldn't be of any real help
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 PM

I dropped my truck off at the local dealer. He said he checked with fisher and all it was was an adjustment. He said its difficult to get to the adjustment under the plastic cover. He has done them often enough, that he came up with a short cut. He drilled a hole (facing the hood of my truck) on the right side of the plastic cover of the pump to access the adjustment screw. He adjusted the screw and then put a rubber gromet in the hole he drilled to keep the weather out. The lift worked like brand new, however I did notice that the left andgle was delayed, almost mimicking what the lift cylinder was doing, but this only lasted one storm. The other day I put it on and everything was working great. I asked for more details from him, but felt like he didn't want to give me too much info, even though he didn't charge me, or it could've just been he was too busy, snow was flying and his lot was full either way its working great.