Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 PM

snoway HTD plow problem

It's been awhile since I posted. I'm trying to get a used snoway HTD series plow working on a 2001 F150. I bought the plow used and the previous owner said it worked. It's a wire controller model with down pressure. I've printed out all the manuals for the model from snoway, but they don't have much detailed troubleshooting information. I've checked the 10 amp fuse on the plow and thats was good. I've got 12 volts to the main solenoid and when you jumper the power to the pump it runns. I've plugged the controller in at the plow and it still will not energize. I have 5 volts at the controller plug on the plow. Is there any way to rule out the controller or the control box in the plow. I don't want to put alot of money into repairing it. Help please.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Problem fixed after I upgraded to sno-way wireless pro controller kit and solenoid harness kit. Now let it snow.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:55 PM

now plow lights dont work

The truck lights work and go off when the light bar is plugged in. The marker lights work on the plow light bar but the plow light dont come on. I test the plow lights when removed from the plow and they light. The Light relay seems to work. I'm not sure if I wired the light relay correct. Does anyone have the correct diagram with wire colors for a sno-way plow. Pink and brown wires are on terminals 1 and 2. The other six terminals have orange wires on one side and red wires on the other side. The wire tracer colors are hard to read. I did check that the two white wires on the light bar were connected. Any suggestions.