Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM

Talking Experience with THE SNOWPLOW Company

Just wanted to post my personal experience with THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers...

When the Snow Dominator came to the market last year I pulled the trigger and purchased a 28" Pusher and (1) Snow Dominator. I was surprised to see both products arrive to my door from Iowa to Connecticut in 4 or 5 days, can't quite remember anymore memory is slipping. Both shovels have worked flawlessly and are exactly as described. Now onto this winter, the Dominator has been put to the test with this nasty wet and icy snow we've been seeing and I figured it was time to purchase a set-up for my father as a good quality shovel is tough to find. So that afternoon when I get home from work I decide to clear some ice from the front sidewalk, grab the Dominator and away I go, it worked well and made quick work of the ice patches. I head to the back deck, pull some residual snow away from the edge of the deck and notice a line of snow left behind... oh no what happened to my shovel I think??? I cracked the bottom cutting edge and lost a piece to my go to shovel. So I order a new Dominator Head, a complete Dominator and 28" Pusher for my father, sort of a late Xmas present. The order was quickly filled, I received an updated shipping/tracking schedule and I never thought of it again. A week passes and I decide to track my package again as by this time I should have seen the latest purchases, Fed-Ex shows them in Transit and due in 4 more days... oh well must have missed a truck I think. My package finally arrives per Fed-Ex's latest update and all is good with the order. I put my replacement head aside, don't want to wear out the new one, I'll keep using it until the entire edge breaks I say.
Fast forward to yesterday, I receive an email update as to my SnowPlow order has been filled and due to arrive today 1-17-12. What, must be a mess up or resent email I think. Nope, get home today and on my front step is another Snow Dominator and Dominator replacement head. I paused for a moment, think about the right thing to do and call THE SNOWPLOW customer service number on the box. The agent picked up the phone within a 5 second wait, I explain to him how I have received my order and I think they double shipped me a second order and I have not opened the box so they can easily send it back. ( I wish I asked the agents name but forgot too, I apologize to the Snowplow Company for that ). He explains to me how they miss shipped my original order and it got screwed up and therefore caused an extended delivery time, seems someone else received my order and called them to inform them of the situation when it occurred, so therefore they wanted to rectify the situation and I should keep the extra shovels they have sent me as an apology to the problems. I never complained or gave the original order a second thought as I was in no rush, unbelievable!!!
I understand this is somewhat long winded and short storyish but feel people need to know that there are still businesses out there that take customer service to the next level. I am already a repeat customer and will continue to be because of this situation.
I can't tell you how great they made me feel as my trusty Dominator shovel head broke on me yesterday, this was the one that was cracked that I purchased the replacement head for, I never changed it. I looked at the head carefully and it appears as I did not have the handle all the way into the shovel head creating a week spot, plus I left it on the deck which gets morning sun and I wonder if this caused an issue too since the head appears very faded and discolored.
Also, my 68 year old father only got 2 to 3 inches yesterday and used both shovels and was pleasantly surprised at how well they performed, seems as he was skeptical about them until he tried them out.
Thank you again to THE SNOWPLOW Company, all their employees and hopefully this will sway some people on the fence to try your product.

Regards,

Matt Northwest Hills, Connecticut
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM

"Customer service is not a department, but a state of mind!" I agree with you they make a great product and have great service.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 PM

I pulled the trigger this year and decided to invest in The Snowplow products finally. (4) 28" Snowplows (4) Dominators and a 36" Grader were all put to the test for the first time yesterday and performed well beyond my expectations. Not only are they built to stand up to abuse but NOTHING sticks to them. Very happy with my purchase and will be adding more in the future! Thank you for a great product!

http://www.AhlgrenLandscaping.com
Old 01-18-2013, 04:03 AM

So no 12 inch shovel, cda?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:44 PM

I know this is kinda late, but i had a similar experience with them.. I ordered a 28" snow pusher, and the handle came in quite scuffed up... I called to just mention it not expecting anything to come from it and boom, they sent me a new handle and told me to keep the old one so I could start using the shovel immediately.

I now own 3-4 pushers and 3-4 dominators and I can say that I will definitely be ordering from the snowplow for all my shovel needs from now on.