Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 AM
woodchuck2's Avatar
woodchuck2 woodchuck2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lower Adirondacks, NY
Posts: 301
I bill monthly, each invoice has the dates i pushed and my commercial accounts i put down the date and times for each push. The 1st month is always hell as you spend a lot in fuel, labor, maintenance and other expenses until those checks begin to roll in. The commercial accounts tend to be the worst, i wait until after the 1st to bill and by then they do not pay until the next month so for example all of Decembers plowing will not pay until the 1st week of Feb. PITA this way but when the snow stops flying in the spring i still have some checks coming in during the dead spell.
__________________
2006 Chevy 2500HD ECSB D-Max with 8' Fisher, 6.5 Stainless sander or Buyers hitch salter
2002 GMC 1500 RCLB with 7.5' Fisher 5.3, dump insert, truck is named "the turd".
SOLD and missed. 2006 Chevy 2500HD RCLB D-Max, 8' Fisher
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
underESTIMATED underESTIMATED is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Akron, Oh
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck2 View Post
I bill monthly, each invoice has the dates i pushed and my commercial accounts i put down the date and times for each push. The 1st month is always hell as you spend a lot in fuel, labor, maintenance and other expenses until those checks begin to roll in. The commercial accounts tend to be the worst, i wait until after the 1st to bill and by then they do not pay until the next month so for example all of Decembers plowing will not pay until the 1st week of Feb. PITA this way but when the snow stops flying in the spring i still have some checks coming in during the dead spell.
+1.

I can't think of any way that's less hectic.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM
MahonLawnCare's Avatar
MahonLawnCare MahonLawnCare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 778
I bill after each event for the push pushes. And my contracts are set up to bill out on the 1st of every month. I also send out the snowfall report with the per pushes so I don't get "hey you didn't plow that day" calls from cheap managers.
__________________
"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary"

Trucks
Plows
Subs
Strobes
Shovels
Snowblowers
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Antlerart06 Antlerart06 is offline
2000 Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Missouri Top of State
Posts: 2,356
I do monthly billing Stamps are to high send out after each event Plus to much paper going waste and to much paper work 49 invoice in winter time 75-80 during summer time
90% my customers ask for monthly billing works for them works for me
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Spool it up Spool it up is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Devault Pa
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by underESTIMATED View Post
I would assume it's clear as they said to never step foot on their properties.

Works out fine with me, the family situation is a trust-fund setting....and the parents micro manages the son's business venture (which is fine - it's not my business). They pulled this **** back in the summer time when they misread the invoice and claimed I was charging them $70 to mow a 3k corner car lot & city devil strip. When if they actually looked at the line items, they would see that it also included cleaning the ($50) windows at this location.

Sometimes you can't fix stupidity in people. But if that's how you make your profit, by picking apart bills and telling the contractor what services you are going to pay for and what you aren't after the service is performed, then great.

That type of business isn't for me and they pretty much did me a favor.
wealthy people are the ones who established the amnesia scam . its in their blood . iv never met a stupid wealthy person . i dont do windows , thats where i get off the train .

Last edited by Spool it up; 01-10-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
underESTIMATED underESTIMATED is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Akron, Oh
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool it up View Post
wealthy people are the ones who established the amnesia scam . its in their blood . iv never met a stupid wealthy person . i dont do windows , thats where i get off the train .
I secured an attorney to take care of these toolsheds, and a few others on my caseload early next week.

Window business is a great addition to your business. Quick, inexpensive, and rarely is unprofitable. Not to mention - for the most part people cannot clean windows without seeing streaks from paper towels and glass cleaner.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Spool it up Spool it up is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Devault Pa
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by underESTIMATED View Post
I secured an attorney to take care of these toolsheds, and a few others on my caseload early next week.

Window business is a great addition to your business. Quick, inexpensive, and rarely is unprofitable. Not to mention - for the most part people cannot clean windows without seeing streaks from paper towels and glass cleaner.
i hear ya .
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Gioscapes Gioscapes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 17
I bill every storm. Week after. I think getting a bill at the end of the month when it snowed 3 times (wish that will happen) customer will think wow thats a lot of money.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM
wilsonsground's Avatar
wilsonsground wilsonsground is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brookline, NH
Posts: 177
I bill my plowing every two weeks. With 2 weeks to pay. None payment within two weeks results with no service Gil paid in full. Never really had issues. With the ones I do they'll call I tell them why myself or the other guy didn't plow them. They go 'oh' everytime. And pay in full for everything including that storm before I'll drop my blade. I'm not a bank!
__________________
2011 Ford f350 6.7L 4 door Fisher 9.6' SS XV
1999 Chevy K3500 dump 6.5l with 8.5' Blizzard and 8' fisher procaster
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM
wilsonsground's Avatar
wilsonsground wilsonsground is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Brookline, NH
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlerart06 View Post
I do monthly billing Stamps are to high send out after each event Plus to much paper going waste and to much paper work 49 invoice in winter time 75-80 during summer time
90% my customers ask for monthly billing works for them works for me
Stamps? Email them dude. Saves a lot of time and money! I only mail out to older people who never got in with technology.
__________________
2011 Ford f350 6.7L 4 door Fisher 9.6' SS XV
1999 Chevy K3500 dump 6.5l with 8.5' Blizzard and 8' fisher procaster
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM
vlc's Avatar
vlc vlc is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maynard, Ma
Posts: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonsground View Post
Stamps? Email them dude. Saves a lot of time and money! I only mail out to older people who never got in with technology.
I'm ALL about emailing invoices now. I only have a couple people who request snail mail. I email invoices out monthly through Quickbooks with a link to pay online. Most people pay within a few days because it is only a couple clicks on their computer.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM
perrysee perrysee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Appleton,Wisconsin
Posts: 120
i bill at the end of the month,use a program called book keeper ,simple and easy to do invoices and keep track of your expences
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
TehTDK TehTDK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denmark
Posts: 14
When I get started I will bill once pr month for seasonal contracts. Send them out on the 20th and make em payable by the 1st. Thus any additional services are rolling from 20 to 19 of next month.

On call customers still 20th, but with all the "calls" or services itemised and dated from the 20th of the month before to the 19th of the month I will be sending the bill.

Is it a high volume customer I might consider doing 2 bills a month, or reduce the payment period if its a client who has a bad habit of paying late.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2012 PlowSite.comô Moose River Media
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.04174 seconds with 9 queries