Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 AM

Extended shoe

Does anyone use the Pro-Tech extended shoe? what do you think of it and was it worth the money?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM

I would like to know the same...
Old 12-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Anyone? Factory reps? I am tempted to just try a pair out but my guess is that they are nor cheap.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:54 AM

I did price them out and the dealer told me they are 2 times the money the normal shoes are... I will just keep buying new shoes when needed for that price...
Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 AM

They might be easier for guys to run though. Some people have trouble keeping the box level and even when I run it I notice it moving around and tiping back and forth. Double the money is quite a bit though.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM

Phil, from our experience even though the self leveling shoe is more money than a standard wear shoe, it will save you money in the long run. You'll push more efficiently as the shoe will help keep the unit level cutting down or eliminating second passes. Also, it eliminates excess down pressure on the back of the shoe so you won't be burning through pairs and the increased surface area actually increases the lifespan of the shoe. We are always available to talk if you have any additional questions. Thanks for using Pro-Tech!

Pro-Tech
711 West Ave
Rochester, NY 14611
Phone: (888)787-4766
Website.www.protechcorp.com
http://www.facebook.com/protechcorp
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Think of the time and energy expended on switching out a pair of shoes, especially mid winter. Then ask yourself this: the shoes last at least twice as long and if I am smart and monitor the wear and time out the changeover to occur during the offseason when all my equipment is back at my shop along with all my resources(employees, tools and time) did the fact the initial investment cost me 2x really cost me 2x? In fact I would consider protech's self leveling shoes made with their super duty steel as the cheapest shoe they make despite the fact the initial investment makes them seem expensive. Just sayin; it's all relative.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM

I see your point but doing service before each season should keep you from needing to replace them mid season. I am getting between 250-300 hours on each set. I dont know about you guys but that is just about one season for us. Last year we only did 108 hours (averaged between machines) so I didnt replace them for this year. Unless they can show me somebody that is getting double the life out of them, i dont see it.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM

I don't need new shoes, I was just thinking of putting them on anyhow for ease of operation. I don't think I'll change them now but when they need them ill probably get them.