Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM

To the bigger machine haters.....

I am a big guy, I don't fit on smaller machines....the bigger machine "Fits me"

My knees don't like the cramped feeling on a smaller Prarie 360 or Big bear 400 class.

And please stop being foolish saying anything over 400-500 is a waste. You are truly showing your ignorance because you have no clue the type of riding others do.

We ride everything, slow mountain trails, open coal hills and everything in between, my machine does everything I need with ease except tight trails.

Again, the machine all depends on the rider and what kind of riding and use they want from the quad.

(BTW, the riding instructor in our group ride a 850xp, he does not like the smaller machines....FWIW)

08' Dodge Ram PowerWagon (6 Speed, Laramie): Few Mods
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv View Post
No, it is physically impossible. It really CAN'T be done.
I bet you're a "book smart" type of guy? I live in the real world where experience guides you through life not a book.

Jason, I won't argue with you about it. I know what I did 3 years ago when we had 28" of snow. At this point it's useless to keep reiterating what I did. Believe what you want.

This was on the way to a few accounts.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I bet you're a "book smart" type of guy? I live in the real world where experience guides you through life not a book.

Jason, I won't argue with you about it. I know what I did 3 years ago when we had 28" of snow. At this point it's useless to keep reiterating what I did. Believe what you want.

This was on the way to a few accounts.
Lets see the photos of the accounts you plowed not what the State crew cleaned
That spot must drift bad looking farther down the road doesnt look to deep
Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 AM
PlowSite.com Addict

It's still deep out farther. You just can't tell by the pic. I don't have any pics of the work I was doing. I was way too busy to think about it. The pic is a example of the amount of snow we got from the storm.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 AM

But its physically not possible to plow that much snow with a ATV...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QtboBTCqb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxiXP...eature=related

There's more on Youtube.....

Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM

Oh no he didn't just plow that much snow with a lil 300!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jNBt...feature=relmfu

(no, that's not the best way to plow....but it worked)

Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM

400.....3 feet of snow.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt3YEIWGETo

Old 11-15-2012, 08:22 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My07Brute View Post

Wow wonder how long took him do that
That was some powder snow there I never get that type snow mine 90% time is wet
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Quote:
No, it is physically impossible. It really CAN'T be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My07Brute View Post

Jason, can you watch the YT clip and tell me why it can't be done again? thanks

Seems the Prairie 400 has a Warn plow like the one I have. I also have a deflector and markers on mine. 3ft is nothing. It might take longer to get it done but it can be cleared down to asphalt without a problem. Well, you might get stuck once and have to do a bit of shoveling.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
2000 Club Member

QUOTE=ALC-GregH;1518288]

It might take longer to get it done .[/QUOTE]
Thats the Key Time

More time you spend less you make unless you are doing it by the hour
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM

Well cc size isnt a huge factor here just make sure if you get a smaller mid size quad it has low range. I own a ATV touring company called Wild Badger Tours and we have a fleet of 8 four wheeler's 6 polaris and 2 kawasaki prairie's 360's and the smaller simpler machine the Prairie is a much more Reliable machine because it is built SIMPLE Air cooled with oilcooler (no water pump to break,hoses to leak, sensors to go bad etc,) also does not have independent rear suspension (so less moving parts to break) consider this stuff when shopping for a atv sometimes all the "BELLS AND WHISTLE'S " screw ya.. Example - all the polaris quads we have are brand new this past may and have broke down a lot with all different things breaking and our 09 Prairies which are plain jane quads have NEVER broke down EVER! Also these quads are used and abused daily.. When their is less to break it will be a more reliable machine.. Check out our web site every one http://wildbadgertours.com/
Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
Well cc size isnt a huge factor here just make sure if you get a smaller mid size quad it has low range. I own a ATV touring company called Wild Badger Tours and we have a fleet of 8 four wheeler's 6 polaris and 2 kawasaki prairie's 360's and the smaller simpler machine the Prairie is a much more Reliable machine because it is built SIMPLE Air cooled with oilcooler (no water pump to break,hoses to leak, sensors to go bad etc,) also does not have independent rear suspension (so less moving parts to break) consider this stuff when shopping for a atv sometimes all the "BELLS AND WHISTLE'S " screw ya.. Example - all the polaris quads we have are brand new this past may and have broke down a lot with all different things breaking and our 09 Prairies which are plain jane quads have NEVER broke down EVER! Also these quads are used and abused daily.. When their is less to break it will be a more reliable machine.. Check out our web site every one http://wildbadgertours.com/
If the Kaw are better Why didnt you just buy all Kaw
My 2001 polaris has never left me high and dry
Most I spent on mine was was a belt and tires

Im going book mark your site Every summer we go ride somewhere
This past summer we went to U P Mich
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlerart06 View Post
If the Kaw are better Why didnt you just buy all Kaw
My 2001 polaris has never left me high and dry
Most I spent on mine was was a belt and tires

Im going book mark your site Every summer we go ride somewhere
This past summer we went to U P Mich
We went with some polaris models cause we needed some 2-up ATV'S and they make the most affordable one's on the market. Dont get me wrong they are good machine's however they do break down more often than the simpler design prairie.. Also keep in mind these machines are rode far more than the average person so they see the wear in tear that a regular atv owners quad sees in pry few years or more in pry 2 months lol.. Both are good quads in fact they all are really... check us out on face book also..
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM

kawasaki 360 is a really good smaller cc quad on an midsize frame
i love mine and have moved quite a lot of snow here in new england since 07 with it never had one major problem
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM

A couple years back, we had around 15" of light fluffy snow. My quad pushed it no problem. I'm sure that it could have handled 2 ft of that type of snow without much problem... just would have taken longer. Once you plow enough out of the way that you can get up a little momentum going, it's really not bad at all.

A couple of weeks later, we had a rain/sleet/snow storm that left around 5 to 6 inches of wet, heavy "slop". Now that was tough to plow. As a matter of fact, that was the only time I've ever locked up the front diff when plowing to keep it moving.

Anyhow, back to the posters original question. I remember seeing my son plowing with his old Suzuki 250 King Quad. That thing was nearly unstoppable. Of course, it had incredible gearing, good tires, weight on the front and rear racks, and the center of gravity of a manhole cover.

Traction, weight in the right spots, and momentum.
Warn XT 30 Winch
25" Bighorns
Warn ATV Trail Lights (Plowing lights)
Old 12-03-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve728 View Post
kawasaki 360 is a really good smaller cc quad on an midsize frame
i love mine and have moved quite a lot of snow here in new england since 07 with it never had one major problem
im 6'3 around 300 pounds and i fit fine on my prairie 360
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 AM

It's all personal preferance imho, a small used machine will do as much as a new one that costs 9k. my neighbor has plowed his driveway for years with a little polaris xplorer 350 two cycle I have personally seen him plow well over a foot, like everyone is saying its not bs its a fact.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 PM

i use a hybrid atv, a honda big red 250 engine mounted on as big bear 400 frame,not very pretty but it gets the job done especially it being 2wd unit,weights and chains on the back help a lot
Old 01-01-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
A "toy" is one that is oversized, because it is there to make the owner feel big. Not actually do anything useful.

I don't care what kind of nonsense you think you know, it comes down to physics. If the BLADE is a quarter the height of the snow, you aren't going to plow anything.
Actually I feel bigger on the 400. I own a kaw Brute force 750 and I sat on a 400 before buying it. 400 felt like a kids toy to my frame. I'm not average sized you see. I think it is funny that some people think that what works for them should work for everyone.

So the whole CC thing doesn't mean anything.. wow... why don't you plow with a kids ATV then. Why don't farmers plow with their Garden tractors.

You shouldn't call people with a different opinion than you stupid... you know what it makes you sound...
Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 PM

I use a Polaris sportsman 800 on long walks and small entrys into buildings, Works great, even in deep snow (which I say is 5 to 8 inches. They all have enough power, its the extra weight of the bigger atvs that seem to help keep the atv stable. Takes quite a bit to bush the atv to one side.