Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 PM

Some cars made by Toyota are made in the U.S. but every pickup made by Toyota ( and every other co. selling pickups here) is made in the U.S. If there not made in the U.S they charged a "Chicken Tax" that makes profitable sales next to impossible. So dont think Totota is so awsome they put U.S. auto workers to work , they do it cus they make more money to send back to Japan.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
2000 Club Member

There are more things putting people out of work then Japanese made vehicles, the Tundra in particular. This entire thread should be in off topic where you can all go crazy talking about how crappy Toyota is and is taking food off your tables.

In the meantime you fail to remember the Tshirt made of cotton on your back uses imported cotton, your computer is made in China as is nearly everything else in your house, the hard earned money you have is technically 75% China owned as well due to our countries defecit. In the end, who really cares - no one has a gun to your head making you buy a Tundra, no purchase of a Tundra is going to affect your daily life. In fact, purchasing a Tundra does benefit A LOT of American's - there are hundreds if not thousands of dealerships selling them, thousands of salesmen making commisions, hundreds/thousands of parts departments, service departments, and financing departments making money off them, people at the factory building them and Yes possibly even a landscaping company who manages the grounds of the factories/dealerships for Toyota.

If your pissed about the fact that Japan imposes tariff's and taxes on American made cars being sold there, then get off your computer and call your senate/house rep or some other stupid politician who can actually (supposedly) make a difference on those laws and tell them to change it or stop our exporting to those countries unless we impose our own tariffs/taxes. It has nothing to do with Toyota, it does have to do with our Government.

Get off your "I'm an American here me roar" high horse. I've never owned a Toyota, but I'd be a bias moron to say that its not one hell of a truck and quite possibly the best of the half tons made.

Of course thats my simple opinion.

2002 Ford F350 CrewCab ShortBed 7.3 Diesel 4x4
-Snowdogg VX95
-Saltdogg TGS07
PHP Hydra Chip, BHAF, Straight Exhaust

Licensed Insurance Agent in Maine/New Hampshire/Mass

Last edited by plowguy43; 10-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowguy43 View Post
There are more things putting people out of work then Japanese made vehicles, the Tundra in particular. This entire thread should be in off topic where you can all go crazy talking about how crappy Toyota is and is taking food off your tables.

In the meantime you fail to remember the Tshirt made of cotton on your back uses imported cotton, your computer is made in China as is nearly everything else in your house, the hard earned money you have is technically 75% China owned as well due to our countries defecit. In the end, who really cares - no one has a gun to your head making you buy a Tundra, no purchase of a Tundra is going to affect your daily life. In fact, purchasing a Tundra does benefit A LOT of American's - there are hundreds if not thousands of dealerships selling them, thousands of salesmen making commisions, hundreds/thousands of parts departments, service departments, and financing departments making money off them, people at the factory building them and Yes possibly even a landscaping company who manages the grounds of the factories/dealerships for Toyota.

If your pissed about the fact that Japan imposes tariff's and taxes on American made cars being sold there, then get off your computer and call your senate/house rep or some other stupid politician who can actually (supposedly) make a difference on those laws and tell them to change it or stop our exporting to those countries unless we impose our own tariffs/taxes. It has nothing to do with Toyota, it does have to do with our Government.

Get off your "I'm an American here me roar" high horse. I've never owned a Toyota, but I'd be a bias moron to say that its not one hell of a truck and quite possibly the best of the half tons made.

Of course thats my simple opinion.
Very well said Bobby.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 AM
2000 Club Member

Usa !!!! Usa!!!!! Usa!!!!
Attached Images

2002 Ford F350 CrewCab ShortBed 7.3 Diesel 4x4
-Snowdogg VX95
-Saltdogg TGS07
PHP Hydra Chip, BHAF, Straight Exhaust

Licensed Insurance Agent in Maine/New Hampshire/Mass
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStateGlenn View Post
Looks like the push frame is scraping the ground... even before the plow is lifted.
Kind of like a Chevy 1500 ... LOL!

I think a Ready Lift 2.5" leveling kit and some oversize tires would get that push frame up where it belongs!

I put in a 2.5" leveling kit and kept the 18"'s and its fine
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
dumba$$...

bad move
I plow 3, 1/4 long private roads and have done so with mine since 08' never have had an ounce of trouble.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:13 AM

Has anyone gone from a Chevy 2500 with a western pro to a Tundra with a Boss standard duty? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a Rock Warrior.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 lb7 View Post
Has anyone gone from a Chevy 2500 with a western pro to a Tundra with a Boss standard duty? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a Rock Warrior.
The Tundra is not a 3/4 ton but, it's a heavy 1/2 ton. There are other members on hear that say there Tundras are just a strong as a 3/4 ton. I believe that the Tundra will be a good change for you and it will be a great plow truck for you. I love my Dad's 2010 Tundra.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Quote:
The guy who started this thread did, I believe he was run off the forum by some of the idiots on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton2286 View Post
Can we please just let this be the only answer? Just once? lol

Last edited by Stik208; 11-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:18 AM

Good morning Guys,
Now with all the mud slinging going on here about Toyota being not being american made or being american made and Dodge/Ford/Chevy being american made We all have to remember a couple of major things
1) Toyota NORTH AMERICA is operating as its own company within these parts there is very little connection to Toyota Japan or any other part of the world. They have plants in this country just like every other major car/Truck maker
2) Dodge/Ford/Chevy/GM have all had to to move operations out side of the country and to place like Mexico City and other country's because of extremely high manufacturing cost inside this country.The union wages on these company made trucks are not helping there cause against company's cause like Toyota.
3) THIS IS THE BIGGIE.
Because of the screwed up ways that this country operates all of the manufactures whether they make fabric for the seats, tow hitches or radios for these companys all have some part of the company that has to operate out side of the USA because you can not work 100% in the USA and make a good profit because the cost of doing business is way out of wack. All of these issues provide problems to all of us because these are the same issues we all have while operating our small businesses and for anyone who think one is more american than the other well that is BULL ***** to say because all of them have parts made in mexico or china or where the heck ever to make them a little cheaper for the consumer so lets just get back to what this thread was really about to be about the Toyota Tundra Plow capability and what we all think about that topic.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 AM

That's was well said.

www.SheridanIrrigation.com
Old 11-18-2012, 10:38 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK324 View Post
Good morning Guys,
Now with all the mud slinging going on here about Toyota being not being american made or being american made and Dodge/Ford/Chevy being american made We all have to remember a couple of major things
1) Toyota NORTH AMERICA is operating as its own company within these parts there is very little connection to Toyota Japan or any other part of the world. They have plants in this country just like every other major car/Truck maker
2) Dodge/Ford/Chevy/GM have all had to to move operations out side of the country and to place like Mexico City and other country's because of extremely high manufacturing cost inside this country.The union wages on these company made trucks are not helping there cause against company's cause like Toyota.
3) THIS IS THE BIGGIE.
Because of the screwed up ways that this country operates all of the manufactures whether they make fabric for the seats, tow hitches or radios for these companys all have some part of the company that has to operate out side of the USA because you can not work 100% in the USA and make a good profit because the cost of doing business is way out of wack. All of these issues provide problems to all of us because these are the same issues we all have while operating our small businesses and for anyone who think one is more american than the other well that is BULL ***** to say because all of them have parts made in mexico or china or where the heck ever to make them a little cheaper for the consumer so lets just get back to what this thread was really about to be about the Toyota Tundra Plow capability and what we all think about that topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20-32 View Post
That's was well said.
Very well said.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM

One of the main reasons that I won't buy another Chevy,Ford or Ram is I refuse to buy anything made by UAW workers. The unions have even taken away my Ho Hoes.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
One of the main reasons that I won't buy another Chevy,Ford or Ram is I refuse to buy anything made by UAW workers. The unions have even taken away my Ho Hoes.
I'm a union worker but, I'll tell you right now that the protect bad/lazy workers and they are bad for businesses.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercer_me View Post
I'm a union worker but, I'll tell you right now that the protect bad/lazy workers and they are bad for businesses.
I'm finding this perspective more and more common.

Fact is that people who are intelligent and competent can stand and compete on their personal merits and have no need for the "protection" of the union. In fact, it has got to the point where the union doesn't actually do anything to protect ANY workers, rather they are a parasitic organization that exists strictly to profit on union dues. Once in a while, they kick up a stink to make it look like they're doing something, but the overall result is that the product quality suffers because their existence does nothing except remove the INCENTIVE to perform quality work.

Non-directed response to thread:

I currently drive a Toyota Tacoma 4-cyl. Various minor components, plus the actual engine and transmission, were shipped over in crates from Japan. The balance of the unit was manufactured in the Toyota factory in San Antonio, TX, which is a NON-union factory. The larger Toyota truck engines are manufactured in Alabama. The 4.0 V6 made in the Alabama factory is known for some glitches, like oil delivery problems and leaky timing chain covers. I've seen lots of pictures of those engines with thrown rods and/or burned/seized driver's side cam shafts, and I think just about every one of them oozes oil out the front cover. The 2.7, on the other hand, is known to be practically bullet proof. Its actually a BUS engine -- Toyota Coaster.

As far as car brands go, I'll go with whatever meets the specs I'm looking for at the time, and gives me the best impression of durability/quality. At the moment, that means Toyota. The American brands don't give me a good impression at the moment. They're bad on fuel, and unless you start looking at something FAR LARGER than I want, flimsy as f**k.

Now about this whole 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton truck debate... as I understand it, this number is nothing but the vehicle's payload capacity. 1 ton being 2000 pounds. Yes, there are some configurations of Tundra that come in with a payload capacity of under 1500 pounds (3/4 ton), but some have capacities as high as 1880 pounds -- well over 3/4 ton. Not quite a whole ton, but not far from it. Even some configurations of TACOMA come in over 3/4 ton.

So, I'm really not sure what you guys are asking for. If you want a 3/4 ton Tundra, BUY ONE. Just don't buy the sissy version.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Now about this whole 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton truck debate... as I understand it, this number is nothing but the vehicle's payload capacity. 1 ton being 2000 pounds. Yes, there are some configurations of Tundra that come in with a payload capacity of under 1500 pounds (3/4 ton), but some have capacities as high as 1880 pounds -- well over 3/4 ton. Not quite a whole ton, but not far from it. Even some configurations of TACOMA come in over 3/4 ton.

This was the case when trucks first came out . It is no longer true. As "1 tons" have payloads approaching 5000 lbs. or around there. I m sure the tundra has a payload of about 2000 lbs.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black01Z View Post

This was the case when trucks first came out . It is no longer true. As "1 tons" have payloads approaching 5000 lbs. or around there. I m sure the tundra has a payload of about 2000 lbs.
If that is the case, then the label must be meaningless.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv View Post
If that is the case, then the label must be meaningless.
It is.
Look at the payload for a one ton truck.
Chevy.com
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black01Z View Post

The Tundra is technically a 1/2 ton but, I'd consider it to be a heavy 1/2 ton like the GM 1500HD.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercer_me View Post
The Tundra is technically a 1/2 ton but, I'd consider it to be a heavy 1/2 ton like the GM 1500HD.
TECHNICALLY, by the only possibly definition that 1/2, 3/4, etc. ton can resolve to, unless you want to ABUSE the numbers into meaninglessness, some are 1/2 ton, some are 3/4 ton.

I say that if you aren't going to use the number to refer strictly to payload capacity, there is no point involving that number at all, because it doesn't relate to anything else.