Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM

Hmmmm now what? VXF

Well

I bought a VXF. Never had a V before coming from a Fisher straight blade. Can anyone give me some hints on using this thing? What is the best way to judge the position of the plow? When the wing is totally expanded, does the entire blade angle at that point?

The plow is new, the manual sucks unless you are looking for a parts diagram, and there was no information on the controller at all. Not sure if this is standard procedure or if my dealer omitted it.

I almost took the edges off the plow pulling onto a road from a parking lot with the V retracted.

WTF Buyers, how about some info.

Pat
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM

Why you blaming Buyers ?
Your DEALER should of showed you how to use the plow.

Lower Button
Plow drops until the blade hits the ground or until the cylinder is fully retracted.

Float (hold Lower Button for >.5 seconds)
Float light is lit and plow drops until the blade hits the ground or until the cylinder is fully retracted – and the drop valve remains energized
allowing the blade to follow the ground (depending on how the chain is set).

Right Center Button (Straight Blade Right)
Both wings move together – left wing extends and right wing retracts.

Left Center Button (Straight Blade Left)
Both wings move together – left wing retracts and right wing extends.

Right Wing Out Button
Right wing extends.

Left Wing Out Button
Left wing extends.

Right Wing In Button
Right wing retracts.

Left Wing In Button
Left wing retracts.

Left Wing In AND Right Wing In (VEE)
Both Left wing and Right wing fully retract.

Left Wing Out AND Right Wing Out (SCOOP)
Both Left wing and Right wing fully extend.

GM trucks pushing....
8'2" VXT w/ Boss Wings
9'2" Vee
7'6" Straight w/ Boss Wings

8' Straight
Snow Dogg XP
7-1/2' Back Plow
Salt Dogg 1500

Last edited by Earthscapes; 11-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Earthscapes,

Thanks for the reply and the information. The SnowDogg plows were new to the dealer I bought it from. The person that was at the service desk when I picked up the truck told me he did not know a lot about them, that the dealership just started carrying them. Not sure that is much of an excuse.

I called Buyers and told them that I did not receive any information on how the plow control operated. I told him I was coming from a Fisher straight blade with a Fishstik and that I had no experience with a V plow. He went looking for information but said that there was none. He thought that having something like that for people that were not familiar with V plows was a great idea and he was going to bring it up at a staff meeting. He also said that a video would be good too that they could put on their site.

I am wondering if anyone has created a video showing what the buttons do with the plow response? I went to youtube but only found connect and disconnect info.

Anybody know if there are any plow carts fro these plows? I tried to use the one from my Fisher but it sets wrong. I need to be able to move the plow around when it's not on the truck.

Thanks for your write up. It is very helpful.

Pat
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM

Everything you should need is here:
http://www.snowdoggplows.com/Service...ervice+Manuals

Buyers offers training for all dealers. I would hope someone selling something would be smarter than waht you said. Hopefully you never have an issues with you plow.

Buyers sells plow carts.

GM trucks pushing....
8'2" VXT w/ Boss Wings
9'2" Vee
7'6" Straight w/ Boss Wings

8' Straight
Snow Dogg XP
7-1/2' Back Plow
Salt Dogg 1500
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 PM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yme View Post
Earthscapes,

Thanks for the reply and the information. The SnowDogg plows were new to the dealer I bought it from. The person that was at the service desk when I picked up the truck told me he did not know a lot about them, that the dealership just started carrying them. Not sure that is much of an excuse.

I called Buyers and told them that I did not receive any information on how the plow control operated. I told him I was coming from a Fisher straight blade with a Fishstik and that I had no experience with a V plow. He went looking for information but said that there was none. He thought that having something like that for people that were not familiar with V plows was a great idea and he was going to bring it up at a staff meeting. He also said that a video would be good too that they could put on their site.

I am wondering if anyone has created a video showing what the buttons do with the plow response? I went to youtube but only found connect and disconnect info.

Anybody know if there are any plow carts fro these plows? I tried to use the one from my Fisher but it sets wrong. I need to be able to move the plow around when it's not on the truck.

Thanks for your write up. It is very helpful.

Pat
I'll take a picture of my controller tonight and make something up using "paint" I can't do a video tonight, I have parent/teacher conferences. It really is very simple though, and I think if you hook up the plow and play with the controller you'll figure it out.

2002 Ford F350 CrewCab ShortBed 7.3 Diesel 4x4
-Snowdogg VX95 Now With Wings 11'3"
-Saltdogg TGS07
PHP Hydra Chip, BHAF, Straight Exhaust

Licensed Commercial Insurance Agent in Maine/New Hampshire/Mass
Old 11-15-2012, 06:36 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

YouTube is your friend....