Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
found the mother load
anyone local?
http://performancedieseltrucks.com/u...999-H4931.html

ROADTRIP
I have close to 30k into mine. Started with a cab and chassis. New box, paint, cental hydo, plow and under tailgate spreader... ect. 15k is a good price for that truck. I could never sell mine for that and expect to replace it, although I did build it to make money with it not to sell it. Good luck.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
i'll give you 15k tomorrow for that thing, its beautiful! just what I want.

what chip did you get? link?
The plug and play chip was on ebay. It's called the "power puck". I'm not a diesel guy, I'm sure there is better out there, however the truck went from a gutless pig to a truck I don't mind driving.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMINC View Post
I have close to 30k into mine. Started with a cab and chassis. New box, paint, cental hydo, plow and under tailgate spreader... ect. 15k is a good price for that truck. I could never sell mine for that and expect to replace it, although I did build it to make money with it not to sell it. Good luck.
If it fits your business and helps you then it's money well spent. I don't think most guys have any clue on setting up trucks the right way, it takes a lot of money.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 AM

well short of driving to ohio or michigan I'm back to this truck
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/3360463601.html
sell the flatbed and put the dump on it that I want. Its PTO and he says no rust
I like the warranty on the trans, dont like the year but beggers cant be choosers especially with the low miles
Old 11-09-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
well short of driving to ohio or michigan I'm back to this truck
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/3360463601.html
sell the flatbed and put the dump on it that I want. Its PTO and he says no rust
I like the warranty on the trans, dont like the year but beggers cant be choosers especially with the low miles
That one seems cheap enough and it comes with a plow. Use it for the winter and keep looking for a box to have ready by spring.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM

I've gotten prices of 6-8k for a dump body installed with an elec/hyd hoist. I'm assuming that it would be cheaper to have a body made or put on using the pto? Anyone who can speak from experience
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I've gotten prices of 6-8k for a dump body installed with an elec/hyd hoist. I'm assuming that it would be cheaper to have a body made or put on using the pto? Anyone who can speak from experience
You might have to buy a pump but the $6-8,000 sounds about right(depending on box options). If you plan on using the dump a lot, it is worth spending extra and going for the pto over the elec/hyd.

I had some quotes for $10,000 for a 11' contractors box installed when I bought my 550, that's why I reused the old body.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM

seems I need to up the budget. Stuve, I spoke with this guy today. He has 5 of these, all identical, some with buyers tailgate spreaders and 10' plows. all central hydros.

the kicker?
that toolbox is custom made with a hoist to lift plate tampers and brick saws etc into the box!!!! F&$K
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3279416130.html

Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 PM

I may not like those toolboxes behind the cab but that is pretty sweet to lift up the compactor. That doesn't seem to bad money wise for all the options?

You check out that black lopro with the plow more?

I'm going to meet with my upfitter, we might part out the 550 and the Kodiak to make one truck in between them...
Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 PM

frankentruck, I like it. how are you going to split it up?

I know what you're saying about the backpacks, but most of my jobs are 2, 3, or 4 days. biggest was 5 or 6 so I'm pretty mobile and like to have it all with me on the truck. I don't like that while this truck is dumping, hauling, picking up that the tools are on it but we should be able to download to the jobsite and pack up quick after a couple times. Can't stand forgetting stuff, taking extra stuff. The time saver of not unloading at the garage every night and reloading in the morning will be insane. also being able to dump without pulling stuff out of the dump body will be great.

kind of curious why so cheap, makes me uneasy, but he is selling 5 and probably downsizing with economy to 2 or 3 new trucks. 10 years old and 80k miles? I'll take it. I can tell a lot more in person, he is only an hour and a half away.

Have not been up to boston to see that truck yet. texted the owner a couple times back and forth but he never sent me pics of the inside and motor, might need to call him soon. just thinking if I buy a lo pro for 5 or 6, put a 10k bed on it, boxes etc that I could have this bad boy with 466 and auto and probably a $3k toolbox and I bet he would take 20 flat if I could scrape it up.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 PM

I know it's more money but you probably would be better with the red IH. The box seems to fit how you want to do stuff. And that truck will never wear out for you. Was it a Dt466 with the auto? The central hydraulics are nice.

We might part out the Kodiak and take the box off the 550 and start over with a different truck, I've got a pretty radical idea.

What helped me was getting one of those Knaack boxes. Mine is 72" long, close to 24" wide and 24" high I think? All the hand tools, saws, laser and everything else gets packed in. It's on wheels so it can be wheeled around or moved with the skids.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:07 PM

What do you move it with from site to site? My big hangup is i want to take 1 truck to the jobs (dump) and that leaves no room for a jobox beside trailer which isnt always with me.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
What do you move it with from site to site? My big hangup is i want to take 1 truck to the jobs (dump) and that leaves no room for a jobox beside trailer which isnt always with me.
I always strap it to my tailgate in the 550. I can lift it with the little skid too so it can always be right there on a job.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Went and saw the red truck today. He will take 18k for it. Pretty sure i will be rolling in style this time tomorrow. Really pumped.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Old 11-24-2012, 04:45 PM

Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Nice! And I think that's a good price. What are the truck specs, auto or manual? Red will be your new fleet color? Are you going to license for 26 or 33 gvw? Find some aluminum wheels and some wax and that will be very sharp looking truck.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Sponsor

Dang!!! That truck is sweet! Way nicer then any Int LoPro! Also that truck frame has less rust then my 09 daily driver. Nice find dude!
Dealers Wanted - PM for details.

Visit and "like" us on Facebook. New pictures and vids updated frequently on our Facebook Page.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:01 AM

Auto. Blue grey or red. Can't decide since its a little faded and can use some paint. Under 26 for now. Need cdl for towing skid anyway and i would love some alcoas
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 AM

Find out why he's selling them?