Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 PM

fisher XLS???

all you fisher xls owners, just wanna get your thoughts on the plow. how do you like them? any problems with the wings? i used a blizzard power plow before and gotta say they suck. the few people who used it before me had problems with the wings breaking and had to either cut a hole in the plow to fix it or take the wing completely out. another thing was snow got in the channel were the wing slided in and out and you couldnt retract the wing and sometimes the snow got frozen in there. i hit a crack once (wasnt going fast) and it tripped the plow and broke the hydraulic hose goin in the plow for the wings and lost all my fluid. the xls seems better by the looks of it especially with the trip edge. just wondering if any1 had any of these problems.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 PM
2000 Club Member

.2 seasons running mine and no problems at all. Great plow and the trip edge helps out with the impact of hitting man holes andother things. Do a search and read some more reviews as i myself and a lot of other guys have given plenty reviews on the plow. Wil never buy a straight again.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

I talked to one guy who used blizzard for years, he is switching to XLS and wideout for the simply fact that when the plow trips and slames back it doesnt rattle the whole hydraulic setup like it does with the blizzard

I found some good deals on used complete XLS setups one for 3700 with faded paint, another 1 year old in good shape for 4000

www.pawinterservices.com
Old 04-16-2012, 05:14 PM

Just for the sake of clarification, the Blizzards all changed a bit when Douglas Dynamics bought them out about three years ago. So, someone who would purchase a current power hitch 2 plow shouldn't have the same problems that you are describing on a power hitch 1 Blizzard.
...but they still don't have a trip edge. .. and neither does the Western Wide Out.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealybird View Post
Just for the sake of clarification, the Blizzards all changed a bit when Douglas Dynamics bought them out about three years ago. So, someone who would purchase a current power hitch 2 plow shouldn't have the same problems that you are describing on a power hitch 1 Blizzard.
...but they still don't have a trip edge. .. and neither does the Western Wide Out.
I agree they seem better now I used a power hitch 1 and it sucked. Even with the new power hitch still very low to the ground and raises and lowers with a hydraulic cylinder by the ground I kno fisher liftes with a hydraulic cylinder to but it has a chain and is higher...and with western still has the full moldboard trip wich I think is stupid when u have hydraulic hoses going in the plow cuz that's how my blizzard hoses broke
Old 04-29-2012, 01:05 PM

I have had no major problems with my XLS of two seasons . As you mentioned , never had a wing freeze because snow packed in between moldboard and wing .
Old 04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

My pre DD blizzard 810 has been virtually problem free since bought new in 06.That being said, when I replace it ,I'll be buying the fisher xls.Dealer support is long time reliable. Haven't heard of any widespread serious problems.My 2 cents