Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 04-10-2012, 06:28 PM

best front end parts

i gotta 2000 chevy 1500 4x4 5.3 with 35*12 R 16'S and my damn truck eats inner and outer tie rods like there f ing candy.ive tryed more expesive parts with no luck, i was looking at a kit from cognito but dont wanna drop that much coin.http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/pr..._Steering.html

any help would be great
thanks naha

Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

tie rod's

what brand's have you tryed ? moog has alway's served me well !

ES3488

Front Inner; 4WD; Problem Solver - housing and washer design eliminates spring bind and shattering during shock load

EV370

Front Inner; RWD; Problem Solver - includes a full ball stud to provide 360 degrees of smooth rotational movement

ES3493T

Front Outer; 4WD; Problem Solver - incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

ES3492T

Front Outer; RWD; Problem Solver - incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM

I agree, moog has always worked great for me, Are you running big tires on your truck? and have you had a front end alignment?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Iam 80% sure I used Moog last year. I have 35's on the truck and get an alignment every year
Old 04-11-2012, 05:26 PM
PlowSite.com Addict

Moog was good at some point. My last inner (moog) on my own truck did not even last a year and I grease it every 3 k. But lifetime warrany on moog, I like napa ball joints better. There is not alot of choices, but the good parts are not so good anymore.
ktm 450 exc
mxz rev 800
husqvarna 1130
Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say it's a fair guess to say your torsion bars are cranked up pretty good to fit 35's? The angle this causes on front end parts may be why your burning through parts like crazy.

Chevy 2500HD
Takeuchi TL230

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
and I thought I was stupid
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 AM
2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark13 View Post
I'd say it's a fair guess to say your torsion bars are cranked up pretty good to fit 35's? The angle this causes on front end parts may be why your burning through parts like crazy.
was thinking the same thing.....if you want to run big tires then you either have to change the suspension to accomodate the bigger size while keeping the geometry in check or continually sink money into the front end and possibly tires more often than necessary. Moog parts are what I use in my truck when front end parts need replacing
Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM

On the Dodge Forums plus the 4 X 4 and off road forums that I belong too , the comments are that moog has switched to Mexico/China to manufacture there parts ( do a Google )
My parts store Car Quest dropped Moog do to too many problems and now offers Raybestos Professional Grade ( Dana/Spicer Chassis Parts ) what I use NOW .
Ex. http://www.cbodydrydock.com/content.php?article.20

Just did My Daughters Durango with the Raybestos Professional AKA / Spicer / NAPA Gold
" Replace with raybestos joints, they were originally Spicer/Dana named(but still manufactured by dana/spicer), but changed the name to "Raybestos" for dumb marketing strategies[1].

Spicer joints have many advantages campained to moogs, I like the fact they come with high grade hardware vs moog's low grade, they come painted with a rust resistant coating vs moog's bare metal coating, and most importantly they come with poly boots vs moog's rubber so you wont have any boot problems again! They seem better overall engineered geared more-so toward quality vs cost-analysis benefit ********. They are also used on many OEM high end vehicles. DANA and SPICER makes products for vehicles ranging from rear-ends to brakes, they've been around forever (ever hear of the :bow60?:bowand make good well engineered OEM products Vs federal mogul (federal mogul is purely aftermarket based company, makes MOOG " Moog also appears to be mfg. in Mexico / China now ?