Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM
David427 David427 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1
Calling Dealers during the snow season for one specialized piece of equipment they more they likely don't have in stock is, as you found out usually a waste of time. But it was bad of the sales person not to return the call.

Don't bother trying to talk to the dealers about specialized equipment after October - September for the upcoming season. They already sold all their equipment.

When I was working as an airfield O&M super I ordered up a bunch of Oshkosh airport tractors, the HT's, 4 plows and a blower. I liked the new stuff. I'm not a big fan of the retro look they have going on with their highway trucks. The 22' plows were $350k ish and the blower was $500k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
Ever get a price on that new Oshkosh?
We (Town of Jackson NH) tried to speck a new Oshkosh with H.P Fairfield , called no less that six times to meet with a salesman and write the speck,the salesman never returned our calls...
So we never got a quote.....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Batt5 Batt5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 2
LGA Truck

Was working out @ LGA last week....Here is one of the PA trucks....[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
SnowGuy73's Avatar
SnowGuy73 SnowGuy73 is online now
PlowSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Shakopee, Minnesota
Posts: 17,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batt5 View Post
Was working out @ LGA last week....Here is one of the PA trucks....[IMG][/IMG]
That is a nice truck!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Batt5 Batt5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 2
That building is filled with about 20 or so of them....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
plow teen plow teen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: 45822
Posts: 3
WOW thats amazing :-o
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 PM
LunchBox's Avatar
LunchBox LunchBox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waltham. MA
Posts: 293
That truck today


__________________
Tom

2011 GMC 2500 8 ft Fisher
2005 Chevy 5500 9 ft Fisher
2001 Case 580 Backhoe 10 ft power angle
1976 Trojan 1900 Loader 12 ft power angle
1994 International 4900 10 ft fixed angle with 8 yard stainless steel sander
Case 1835 Uniloader 6 ft power angle and V-Plow
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67407684@N03/

Will be interested in purchasing Oshkosh truck with or with out wing PM me with options
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Morrissey snow removal's Avatar
Morrissey snow removal Morrissey snow removal is offline
PlowSite.com Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: lunenburg, ma
Posts: 1,800
thats a nice looking heavy truck
__________________
Ford Trucks
Fisher Plows
ice o way Sanders
Caterpillar Equipment
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Oshkosh's Avatar
Oshkosh Oshkosh is offline
PlowSite.com Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marblehead,Ma
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by David427 View Post
Calling Dealers during the snow season for one specialized piece of equipment they more they likely don't have in stock is, as you found out usually a waste of time. But it was bad of the sales person not to return the call.

Don't bother trying to talk to the dealers about specialized equipment after October - September for the upcoming season. They already sold all their equipment.

When I was working as an airfield O&M super I ordered up a bunch of Oshkosh airport tractors, the HT's, 4 plows and a blower. I liked the new stuff. I'm not a big fan of the retro look they have going on with their highway trucks. The 22' plows were $350k ish and the blower was $500k.
Sorry to say it was March when we were trying to spec the truck and International and Westernstar had no issues getting us quotes of which we ended up buying one of each in 4x4 form in the next two seasons..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Oshkosh's Avatar
Oshkosh Oshkosh is offline
PlowSite.com Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marblehead,Ma
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
Sorry to say it was March when we were trying to spec the truck and International and Westernstar had no issues getting us quotes of which we ended up buying one of each in 4x4 form in the next two seasons..
Did Team Eagle take the New England Oshkosh franchise from H.P Fairfield or are they a spin off.

http://www.team-eagle.ca/equipment/eagle-claas/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Winter Land Man's Avatar
Winter Land Man Winter Land Man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Danbury, NH
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshkosh View Post
Did Team Eagle take the New England Oshkosh franchise from H.P Fairfield or are they a spin off.

http://www.team-eagle.ca/equipment/eagle-claas/
Must have. Oshkosh hasn't be on HP Fairfield's site for a while now.
__________________
\
Who needs hunting season, when you've got plowing season?

I drive an '06 Chevy K2500HD w/8'6" Fisher Plow & a Hi-Way Spreader.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
scott3430's Avatar
scott3430 scott3430 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Frederic WI
Posts: 855
The trucks you guys run with the large blades are amazing.
__________________
13' Chevy 2500HD- Duramax
9.2 BOSS V-XT Poly
V-XT Poly WINGS

13' Bobcat T650-8' bucket




12' Bobcat S185 -sold
04' Chevy 2500 Duramax-sold
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2012 PlowSite.comô Moose River Media
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.02589 seconds with 10 queries