Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooters480 View Post
Phillip

Last five or six weeks billing issues all resolved. No invoices over 30 days old. Lucky to have all eight Super Centers back, but man last 90 days billing been a pain. How thing going with you? Hope you servived the insurance claim!
Insurance claim worked out about as well as could be expected. Did receive a fair compensation for the sweeper which was totaled. Did not come close to covering the cost of a newer sweeper. So. . . pretty much as expected and we upgraded a truck. Not the way that was supposed to happen. Driver is back to work as well. Who knows how long the workers compensation and "at fault" party's insurance will be battling it out. I just hope some lady that ran the stop sign does not cause my worker comp rates to get jacked up.

Invoicing? A little better. Still a royal pain. Wish we could invoice for the extra time to do it and all the hours to get setup on the new system. Managers at our stores are happy and that is my number one concern. Keep your customers happy and the money will follow. Pretty much always been the way I approach business.

Hope all is well with you as well!
Snow plowing, salt spreading, liquid de-icing
Established 1997
www.hickslawnservicesllc.com
Phillip Hicks, President
Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 PM

Time to revisit this post. I had pretty much forgotten about it to be honest. Spring is here early and I am still trying to get my tax junk done. Dreaded task!

I feel obligated to share this because: 1) Walmart has been good to us. 2) I was asked to.

I received an email tonight from someone that seems to truly care about their contractors. While this process has been frustrating, I can honestly say I have not followed up as diligently as I should have on the outstanding invoices. Not that I don't need the money, but life has been hectic lately. We have brought in my wife's nephew to live with us and it has been pretty time consuming. Add in an additional child (with some issues), tax time, early spring. . . you get the point. Shame on me for not following through on getting some of these issues resolved. All in all, our store managers have been fair with me since day one. We are closing in on close to 10years working with the King of Retail. It is good to know there are also people at the corporate level truly concerned about making this process work right and taking care of their contractors as well.

Quote:
Hello,
I was reading blogs online about our project and noticed you had several on there about not getting paid. I looked your account up on ServiceChannel and you have had several invoices rejected. If you will email me a time I can call you and walk you through the process of resubmitting those I will. Looks like they were rejected because you had leading zeroes and spaces in your invoice #. I know that sounds petty but our EDI (electronic invoicing system) will not accept them that way. I want you to get paid and so does the company I work for. We want the process to be easy for our vendors and have them paid in the terms set for them. Anytime you have invoicing questions you can contact the team at scteam@wal-mart.com –please share that on your blog too. Sorry everything wasn’t as straight forward as it should have been. I would like to help you any way I can.
Hopefully this post will help out anyone else having issues. I really wasn't trying to be the squeaky wheel looking for grease, but apparently I was heard anyway. I was simply sharing my experiences with the new system.

Since it is apparent these forums are reviewed, maybe I should add one bit of input. To the powers that be at Walmart: Feel free to contact me at any time regarding services. I do have a few concerns which I could share in regards to the invoicing process through Service Channel.

On a similar note: Why in the world am I being contacted by maintenance companies again? Didn't we try this once? Why add another communication barrier between the store managers and local contractors? Isn't it much easier when a store can call the local contractor direct and have services rendered quickly and clearly communicated? Why muddy the waters with a middle man who adds confusion to the matter and increased costs? I respect the Walton family for being the ultimate example of the American entrepreneurial spirit. They have figured out how to eliminate processes, maximize efficiencies, and cut the fat in order to minimize costs for both the company and the customer. To me, adding the middle man is the opposite of what has helped enable Walmart to become the company it is today. I am puzzled on this one. In the mean time, I will continue to diligently service the stores as per the request of our local managers. In the event of another maintenance company coming in, feel free to contact me. If we have to go through this again, I want to make sure my resume is sent to the right people. Maybe it is time to become part of Walmart's management team. If you can't beat them (maintenance company), join them (Walmart). lol
Snow plowing, salt spreading, liquid de-icing
Established 1997
www.hickslawnservicesllc.com
Phillip Hicks, President

Last edited by hickslawns; 03-22-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 AM

AMEN BROTHER!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 PM

Who is the new management company they are looking at now?