Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Old 10-18-2003, 06:56 PM

curtis ts-17 spreader

can anybody tell me where i can d/l the wiring schematics for this spreader,and do you know if it covers the briggs and stratton engine that runs this unit? i tried to d/l the owners manual from the curtis site but it doesnt come up..i hate adobe..thanks for your help in advance
Old 10-19-2003, 08:35 AM

ANYBODY ?????
Old 10-19-2003, 10:37 AM
2000 Club Member

I did a job in Billerica 3 weeks ago. Great little town, seems to be about 400000000 lawn care operators. Actually we were working in burlington, but close enough. Ever eat at Angelinas? Thay have great food. Sorry I cant help you with the wiring diagram. What exactly are you looking to find out? Those systems usually are pretty simple.
Dino
Old 10-19-2003, 10:40 AM
2000 Club Member

Dino must of been a good size job to get you up to burlington.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:45 AM
2000 Club Member

I really good friend of mine that I cycle with, has a son that lives in Burlington. He needed all the windows in his house replaced, and didnt know who to call in that area. So his dad asked me, and I said sure. That put us up for the week, fed us, and we had a good time. Even tho it was work, it was low pressure. We left around 7 am on monday from down here, and got back friday at 3 pm. Rode a real nice rails to trails from near burlington to cambridge and back. It was a nice 40 mi round trip ride.
Dino
Old 10-19-2003, 03:31 PM

reason im asking,
ok, a buddy of mine has one of these mounted on an older f-350,ran fine last year when parked..he wants to put it on his new f-350 he bought but ther sander wont start,it has no spark..i traced wires the best i could to try and figure where the problem may be but,when i started to follow wires back to the controller i found the harness not only had a 7 pin plug connector but that it was spliced twice along the line making tracing color coded wires impossible.what im trying to find out is,the switch in the cab is an off-on-start switch..when the switch is just in the on position does it send current to the coil or is just a switch that allows flow of current when in the on position and uses a grounding sort of kill swith when it is turned to off postion ?im looking for the wirng diagram so i can figure what switches and or wires go where and do what to allow ignition..i figure with all the splices id like to elimnate external wirng of the engine(5 h.p. b&s) as a cause before i get into the motor..would also like to know if curtis supplies wiring diagrams for the engine like the low oil cutout switch etc..thats mounted toengine so im guessing that would most likely not be covered by curtis`s manual.
i was going to try and elimnate the external wiring by taking the ground off of the coil and checking for spark,thats my next try but wanted to try to get some wiring diagram info when i went back..any ideas thoughts are apreciated..
thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 04:14 PM
2000 Club Member

Most spreaders just use the on/off switch as a simple ground type unit. I would disconnect the ground from the motor and see if you get spark. I highly doubt that any low oil shut off is included with a 5 hp briggs. The engine would have to have the sensor mounted in it or to it, and then wired to the ground circut.
those control panels will only have a few wires running to them.
One is ground or engine kill
Another is clutch engangement
One is power either from 12v switched or from the battery located on the spreader
One is usually work light
one is 12v ignition to the starter
And the unit needs to be grounded in that cab as well
When I had gas units, I always ran power from the spreader battery to the control box, so that a 12v wire didnt need to be run in the cab to the control box, and I always the wireing harness direct through a rear slider so splices like you describe didnt occur. This way the spreader could be mounted on any truck and ready to go in 10 min.
Dino