1. Types of Information and Method of Collection
General Information Collection
- By Web Site Requirement. To register as a member of this Web site you are required to provide the following Personally Identifiable Information: a user name that you create and a personal, active e-mail address.
- By User’s Voluntary Submission. When using the chat room, forum and message board features on the Web site, you may choose to provide other Personally Identifiable Information, such as your residential or business contact information. If you post Personally Identifiable Information anywhere on the Web site, it will be available to third parties and you may receive unsolicited messages from those parties. MRM has no obligation to ensure the security or confidentiality of any information you choose to make available in any chat room, forum or message board on the Web site. Also, MRM cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personally Identifiable Information.
Information on Children
MRM does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Web site usage is intended for people who are professionally engaged in the businesses MRM serves. If MRM learns that it has Personally Identifiable Information on a child under the age of 13, MRM will delete that information from its systems. MRM encourages parents and guardians to monitor children’s online usage. Parental control protections, such as computer hardware, software or filtering services, are commercially available to limit the access to material that is harmful to minors.
2. How Information Collected is Used
The information collected by and through the Web site is owned solely by MRM. The information collected by and through this Web site will by used solely by MRM, its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates, or other entities that are involved in the operation of this Web site for MRM’s internal purposes.
MRM may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, as follows:
- to evaluate products and services MRM or third parties could offer to you;
- to monitor or improve use of the Web Site;
- to customize the advertising and content you see on the Web site;
- to provide special offers to you from MRM and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties; and
- to send you promotional material on behalf of MRM and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
3. With Whom Information is Shared
At times, we may share the information collected on this Web site with third parties for various purposes. While MRM will seek to require those third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and security measures, MRM does not bear responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
Promotional Offers: Our third party partners and sponsors may use your Web site user name to contact you through the Web site with special offers or promotional material. We will not provide third party partners or sponsors with any of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to MRM when you register as a member on the Web site. Any Personally Identifiable Information that you post voluntarily in a chat room, forum, or message board on the Web site may be accessed by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, and you should review the privacy practices of such third parties prior to providing any of your Personally Identifiable Information to them. If you do not want to receive special offers or promotional materials from MRM or third parties, you may either “opt-out” during the registration process, change your user preferences later on, or contact MRM by using the contact information provided in Section 8, below.
Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as general demographics and Web Site usage statistics to third party advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. The general demographic information may include how many professionals are registered as members on the Web site. We do not share specific demographic information, such as users’ ages or addresses. When general demographic information is shared with third parties, we do not provide them with the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to MRM when you register as a member on the Web site.
MRM Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates of MRM.
Business Transfers: The Web site, MRM and/or a subsidiary or division of MRM may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur in which your Personally Identifiable Information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your Personally Identifiable Information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Legal Process: MRM reserves the right to disclose the information collected by and through this Web site, including your Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law and when MRM believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect MRM’s rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process served on MRM. The disclosure of this information may be without notice to you.
4. Security and Encryption
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, MRM takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to MRM when you register as a member on the Web site. We use SSL encryption technology on the Web site and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, Personally Identifiable Information that you submit during the registration process is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. The servers for the Web site that contain Personally Identifiable Information are stored in a physically secure and climate controlled off-site facility. We protect against data loss by backing-up data, performing, consistency checks and restricting access to information on our servers. It is important to remember that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure.
5. Third Party Links, Web Sites, and Cookies
6. Notification of Changes
7. Corrections and Updates to Personal Profile
You have the option of reviewing, correcting, updating, modifying, and deleting your Personally Identifiable Information or member profile, at any time and as often as desired by personally changing your profile information or by contacting MRM by telephone, facsimile, e-mail, or mail by using the contact information in Section 8, below. However, you must always have an active, personal e-mail address registered on the Web site.
To the extent that such information is stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from or corrected in our records.
8. MRM Contact Information
Moose River Media
Suite 201, 515 Bay Street
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
Facsimile: (802) 748-1866
Last Revised 6/08