PDA

View Full Version : Fisher wing plow??

HALH VT
12-01-2007, 10:30 PM
I just acquired what is supposed to be a Fisher wing plow. It is of course used, but not too badly abused. And of course there is no paperwork with it, no instructions, no manual. Furthermore the guy I bought it from never had it mounted, so he doesn't know anything about it either. I am quite sure that there are a few brackets/braces missing.

I need at least a parts diagram if any one has one. There doesn't seem to be anything on the Fisher website, in fact it looks as if they recently removed all the older manuals and diagrams they used to have there. I am sure that I can get this figured out, but some pictures or drawings would sure speed things up.

BJH Snow
12-11-2007, 01:40 AM
If you can, get a picture of the plow on here and it may be easier to identify. I have never seen a fisher wing plow.

josman
12-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Probably not Fisher ,I don't think they ever made one. We have an 8 foot wing on our one ton,that I took off of our old truck. It was made by Cox engineering in Maine. I don't believe they make them any more. They seem to be late 80's early 90's vintage. Put some pictures on and I can tell you if it looks like the one we have.

Flipper
12-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Fisher never made one. However I have seen them made from Fisher plows.

HALH VT
01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I finally got the wing installed, and posted pictures of the truck in another thread. I know that wings are usually mounted on one ton or bigger trucks, but I will not be using it a lot, and not carrying it when it is not in use. The truck will also be used as a back up truck if my other one goes down.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=53632&page=3&highlight=dodge+trucks

As i said there, I still need to do a little more work on it, the most important being to upgrade the springs. The spring shop where I got the rear springs says add at least two leaves in front and one in the rear. My own mechanic says air bags, but I can't find them for the front. I know many people on this site swear by Timbrens, but I am not sure if the plow mount would interfere with them. The picture is of the front spring on the wing side, the shock almost hides it, but if you look carefully you can see that the bump stop is right down on the spring, and this is with the rear of the wing resting on the ground. The springs are nearly flat when unloaded, but with the weight of the wing they have a severe reverse bend. Right above that you can see that the plow mount hangs down below the frame, right where I think the Timbren has to mount.

There is not nearly enough ballast in the truck, only about 4-500 pound by my guess. I am thinking half a ton is closer the the correct amount. I certainly don't dare put the front plow on with the wing until I get something done to the springs.