PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat 371

Dakotaplowboy
09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I recently picked up a 371 bobcat. It is a gasser with a 15 hp engine. It has a 36" bucket with a quick attach. I was thinking about using it on sidewalks, maybe even fabricating a plow for it. Anybody got one? What do you think. The machine weights 2000 lbs. I am wondering if traction will be an issue. Seems like it might work better then a Quad. I thought the plow would work really good cleaning curbs and garages. I do a lot of apartments that have 10 to 20 car garages.

JohnnyU
09-24-2007, 10:09 PM
A small machine like that might be useful for lighter snows, but its light weight will be a problem with bigger snows, especially if you put a big blade on it. I probably won't go much wider than 48".

That said, it's going to be more manuverable than a quad, and potentially more versatile since it can stack. Since you already have it, it won't hurt to add it to your fleet.

Going to enclose the cab somehow?

Dakotaplowboy
09-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes to enclosing the cab. I got plans. Plexi Glass. I will be posting pix as I get things set up. 2 trucks, the small skid steer, four snow blowers, lots of shovels and a top notch crew. We are looking forward to some snow.payup
I feel the same about the skid steer, Planning mostely sidewalks, and no bigger than 48".

QuadPlower
09-25-2007, 07:28 AM
If I was going to make a blade for it, I would go so that on the angle, it was the width of the machine. If yours with tires is 48" This will give you a 52" or so depending on the angle blade. When straight you would have that 52" for getting in close to the garages. If the snow is too much for it to push down the sidewalk you can easily use the hydraulics and zero turn to get it done.

Does your 371 have "float" on the boom hydraulics?

Kramer
09-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi Dakota,

I have a 310--its the same machine. I have a 41" bucket and use it for sidewalks. Its great. Traction is only an issue in real icy conditions and regarding how much snow it can handle I guess that would depend on plow or bucket. I never ut a plow on but the bucket works fine.

Dakotaplowboy
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Quadplower, No to the float.

Kramer do you have a float? ever have any snags on sidewalks?

One of the main reasons I thought of fabricating a plow was so that I could put some trip springs on it for cracks in the walks and such.

Smart thinking about the plow width. I think the plow would also work well for staking snow.

QuadPlower
09-26-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't know what kind of tools/skills you have but fabricating a plow with trip is tuff. Try and find an old beat up truck plow and cut it down to size. Then buy a mounting plate from Bobcat and weld-er-up.

My big & old Mustang doesn't have float either. This will be the first year using it to move snow.

Good luck