PDA

View Full Version : New Snow in NE Wisconsin

Rondo
02-27-2007, 12:56 PM
After a winter of almost no snow we finally got a nice storm on Sunday. About 9-10" and then on Monday we got 3" more. Yes, Mother Nature at her best!
Think Snow!!!
:D

tsmith
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
It's great ain't it? i finally got to plow some some snow without dirt in it. It was a blast.

bowtie_guy
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
i finally got to plow some some snow without dirt in it.

I know what you mean. We had a couple very light snows. Finally last week we got a large for the year snow fall. Was nice to see white snow.

The mayor
02-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Looks like you will be getting some more snow later this week.:salute:

Post Mowing
02-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Man Love the stack i put one on the 6.9 ford gotta love the thump pushing the pile and making her work

tsmith
02-27-2007, 08:23 PM
You gotta love stacks, it was alot of work, just wish I could of put 2 on her like a mud truck I had but wouldn't fit. With the glass packs on there, my buddies could hear me 1 1/2-2 miles away. People know if I've plowed their drive yet.

snow_samurai
02-28-2007, 05:35 AM
Do you use the Blue truck much/at all, or is it your back up??

Rondo
03-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Sorry Guys, I haven't been on here in a while.
First off....Nice Ford you got there Thad! My Ford is a project truck I bought from my neighbor. It needed LOTS of work. Way more than I was planning! [Aren't they all!] But it's getting there. I did most of my plowing with it but for the deepest snow fall I used my Blazer.
I had a friend call me to plow his driveway which had not been plowed for a week and he had 10+ inches of wet heavy snow and of coarse it had been driven on a few times too. What a ***** that was!! But the old Ford did pretty good. On my first pass the snow stopped me at 20' in the driveway put I has crawling and the blade was tripping. I backed up, angled it hard to the right and hit it again with more speed. She walked right through and I made it to the end. I had to scrape and widen it in about ten more passes put the old Ford did the job!! I think that was the tuffest job I've had in 10 years!?:mad:
I've got the Ford up for sale now. Had a few calls but mostly tire kickers. It's tough to get a good price for these old work horses even though I dumped over $1500 in it last month!
You guys rock with the old trucks and I love them! Just something more "real truck" about them!? You know! No leather, no electric seats with heat, no CD players, ...I don't even have a working radio in this thing! BUT, I sure like the HD Dana axles and that NP205 T-case!!!
If I get any more good pix of our snow up here I'll post them!
"Old Trucks Rule"!!! :guns: