PDA

View Full Version : Ice!!!

iakentdoz
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
We are getting heavy ice build up today. over 1/2 and counting. My scanner has calls for power lines down all over Eastern Iowa. Plus it looks like we could get heavy snow tonight and Sunday, 6 -12".

jce4isu
02-24-2007, 07:45 PM
6-10 in cant wait

Whip
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I certainly don't envy you guys. I hate dealing with ice, much less trying to plow the snow that's on top of it. Good luck.

UglyTruck
02-24-2007, 10:39 PM
It actually hasn't been too bad so far... the air temp is staying right around 32 so I have been a slush pusher all evening... the biggest problem that I have had is all the traffic routed thru town here because they shut down I-80 due to downed High-Tension wires......stupid truckers.....outta my way I'm tryin to work here!!!

Oh well....accuweather says 1-3 for snow but is calling for 34-38 degree temps.
Tomorrow is gonna be some heavy pushin....payup

iakentdoz
02-25-2007, 01:13 PM
It actually hasn't been too bad so far... the air temp is staying right around 32 so I have been a slush pusher all evening... the biggest problem that I have had is all the traffic routed thru town here because they shut down I-80 due to downed High-Tension wires......stupid truckers.....outta my way I'm tryin to work here!!!

Oh well....accuweather says 1-3 for snow but is calling for 34-38 degree temps.
Tomorrow is gonna be some heavy pushin....payup

Was not the truckers fault, Power lines were hanging low due to the ice and a truck run into it the plower lines. I think the power lines should have been under ground!

Coralville/ North Liberty was without power since about 4 Pm last night. Just came back on.

yzf1000_rider
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
the ice makes for beautiful pictures and scenery but it is one heck of a destructive beauty

UglyTruck
02-25-2007, 02:32 PM
I never said that it was the Truckers their fault....just that they were in the way....

Was a truck the cause of the outage in north liberty????

The High tension wires that were down over here were between the Wilton & Durant exits.... I was told that I-80 was shut down from West Branch to Walcott because of it....

vwovw
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/vwovw/snowplowpics001.jpg
my driveway