PDA

View Full Version : New Fisher plowlights

Yaz
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I saw the new lights that are shipping. They will fit the newer plow setups that have the box module. I got a price were I bought my plow for 208.00 with all that you need lights and harness. They are individual bulbs like 9005 / 9006's but I'm not sure at this time what they are. This is good for me because I have my hi and low beams triggered together so the sealed beams might not like the extra heat with both elements going at once. And I can switch to Silverstars like I have in my truck lights.

Finally a better and modern light setup from Fisher!!!

nsmilligan
06-27-2006, 07:25 AM
The lights have 2 1/2" mounting bolts on each light, instead of the 1 on the old lights, so you would need a bracket, or drill another hole to mouint them the bulbs are H13's. I don't think the bulbs would like both filaments being on at the same time, they will generate more heat then a sealed beam.

BIll

Yaz
06-27-2006, 10:02 AM
The lights have 2 1/2" mounting bolts on each light, instead of the 1 on the old lights, so you would need a bracket, or drill another hole to mouint them the bulbs are H13's. I don't think the bulbs would like both filaments being on at the same time, they will generate more heat then a sealed beam.

BIll

My bracket already has two holes in it so that must have known this was coming last summer when I bought my plow. I'm hoping they are in the right spot. Thanks for telling me the bulb numbers! Do you have them? What do think about them? Were are you NS, that some nice county? My cousins live around Yarmouth.

nsmilligan
06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Got the info from thru my dealer, I live near Wolfville, a couple of hours east of Yarmouth.

Cheers

Bill

DAMSLandscaping
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
at Messer they said Fisher was planing on new plowlights when they started the MM2 plows so they all should have the 2 holes... Just what i heard..

mcwlandscaping
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Is it at all possible to put these new lights on a MM1 plow setup? what modifications would i have to make to mine to make this work?

Yaz
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Yours is two wire setup so I don't think so with some major mods to the harness. But than again, we can check it out with a ohm meter and the schematics. did you get the schematics with you plow paperwork from the old owner?

Arc Burn
08-31-2006, 01:57 PM
There is a harness kit to wire the new lights all the way back to the "non minute mount" type plows.I'd give you the part number but my books are in the shop.It's in the tech section at the Fisher website.

Yaz
08-31-2006, 11:50 PM
That's sweet. I can't believe they have a backward compatible harness.

Someones thinking at Fisher!

Arc Burn
09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I haven't seen it yet so i can't tell you it's plug and play.

mcwlandscaping
09-01-2006, 07:12 PM
if you could find out ide very much appreciate it, i really like the new fisher lights, ive never really had any problems with the old ones but, when your plowing, more lighting really helps you see.

Brian Simmons
09-08-2006, 07:25 AM
We offer headlight extension brackets to fit all Headgears except Homesteaders and wiring harnesses to back fit all 7 pin, 9 pin, 11 pin and 12 pin style lighting harnesses.

Brian

Antnee77
09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking of upgrading my lights as well, but I think I'll wait to see the light output in person before deciding.

Yaz
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I found a set locally for $200. Should I, or should I wait to see them as well????

Mine are still brand new, the bolts and the washers at the bottom are still gold in color. I keep the plow in the garage!

Playboy
09-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I just got them for my plow and when I plugged them in (in day light) they where a lot brighter then the stock lights. I too have year old lights and I keep my plow garaged as well so my "old" lights are still in mint condition. When compared in day light the new ones shine so much more. The light pattern is wider and shines farther. I just installed my Timbrens so I need to now hook up the plow to adjust them properly.

jglandscaping
09-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Can always wait to see mine:waving:

Antnee77
09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I found a set locally for $200. Should I, or should I wait to see them as well????

Mine are still brand new, the bolts and the washers at the bottom are still gold in color. I keep the plow in the garage!

Thats entirely up to you. I, myself, won't spend the deuce without seeing them first, especially since I'm about to buy a lot of strobes for my truck and I need the money.

Gicon
09-19-2006, 07:56 PM
This might sound stupid, but I am thinking about adding a 3rd headlight to my headgear. Instead of two lights, why not have 3. The fisher lights are nothing to bragg about. Or, why dont we leave the headlights of the truck on in addition to the plow lights. That way we can have essentially 4 headlights, instead of two. I wonder when they will come out with HID's for plows........

Antnee77
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
This might sound stupid, but I am thinking about adding a 3rd headlight to my headgear. Instead of two lights, why not have 3. The fisher lights are nothing to bragg about. Or, why dont we leave the headlights of the truck on in addition to the plow lights. That way we can have essentially 4 headlights, instead of two. I wonder when they will come out with HID's for plows........

I don't really know how much you'll benefit from a third headlight in the center. The truck's lights would be blocked by the blade when it's up.

BOSS has HIDs for plows and from what I hear they're sick, but they're not cheap.

Antnee77
09-21-2006, 09:47 AM
My dealer said he wants $233 for the lights themselves and he said they make a bracket to adapt the 2 stud mount to my MM2. He also said they are 50x brighter than the old lights. Sounds promising.