PDA

View Full Version : fisher $ in mass

db27
06-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Its my 1st post :o and i dont even know if im supposed to ask this but here goes.Im ready to start shopping for a fisher mm2 for my dodge 1996 2500 4x4.Who in southeastern mass seems to have the best prices for complete plow rigs.Or are there priceing rules set by mfgr that keep most in line.:confused:

Crash935
06-03-2006, 09:22 PM
The manufactures have a suggested price for the dealers but the actual price is left up to the dealers themselves.

How mechanically inclined are you and what do you have for tools? You can save from $300 to $500 by doing the install your self and it gives you some knowledge of the equipment and most questions you might have about the install can be answered here if you get into trouble.

And welcome to the site, you will find that if you do a search for most of your questions about snowplowing it has already been asked but then again, there are no dumb questions so dont be affraid to ask if you didnt find the answer because someone here will either have the answer or find it for you. Enjoy the site and dont be affraid to join in.

Jeff, aka Crash

DeereFarmer
06-03-2006, 09:33 PM
If you want to take a bit of a drive, J.C. Madigan in Harvard, MA has competitive pricing, but their service is great.

db27
06-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I have a small shop with hand tools air tools and a few jacks so i think i will do the install.I will check that place in harvard ma out and get some prices together. Thanks for the quick replys.I like this site already:waving:

basher
06-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Give your closest local dealer a good look even if it's not Fisher. He's the guy who you're going to depend on when the snow flies. He'll be a lot more willing to stay late waiting for a plow customer, and he'll be handling you're warranty.Don't let the low-baller take your money then provide low-ball service. The same issues exist with snowplow dealer lowballers as with snowplowing lowballers. Poor service, No insurance, low parts inventory, inferior aftermarket parts, etc.
Good luck.

twodan
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
marty's gmc in kingston sells 'em

db27
06-06-2006, 10:30 PM
thanks twodan i will check them out. Kingston is only a few towns over from me in east bridgewater.

Big Dog D
06-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Try DeJanna truck equipment in Smithfield RI.

twodan
06-07-2006, 08:38 AM
thanks twodan i will check them out. Kingston is only a few towns over from me in east bridgewater.
i live in pembroke & work in brockton; almost neighbors.
dan

justme-
06-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Remember if you save $200 by driving to HArvard from East bridgewater you'll spend that in gas and time during the process......

Look close to you first for prices, then expand your search area with the local prices in mind so you don;t forget time and gas costs. Driving across the state with a plow on will do wonders for your milage.

DeereFarmer
06-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Justme is right. It would probably not be worth the gas and the added wear on your truck to save a little bit. I am sure that they are not much cheaper than anyone in your area. They are just good people to deal with.

mcwlandscaping
07-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Go to 7-11, get the latest issue of The Want-Ad, and look in there for a slightly used one. You'll most likely save a good chunck of change and after last winter i can see how more people may be selling their plows than usual. Don't put a new plow on a older truck, not really worth it IMO

Good luck and good choice with going with FISHER!!!

curts03102
10-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Go to Craigs List Boston and under auto truck pats type in plow. I think you will find what you need.
Curt

db27
10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
got a 8 ft hd mm2 at martys gmc in kingston.Good price and the counter guy new his stuff.I took home a truckload of parts and they fit nice.Install was not bad except for the wire harness had 15 foot of extra slack in places.:confused:
Thanks for all the advice:drinkup:

DESTEFANO3782
10-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Go To Portsmouth Ford In Portsmouth New Hampshire. The Cheapest Place To Buy A Plow In New England Gaurenteed. And No Tax
I Just Got A 9 Foot X Blade Put On For 4195 Complete.

DeereFarmer
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Go To Portsmouth Ford In Portsmouth New Hampshire. The Cheapest Place To Buy A Plow In New England Gaurenteed. And No Tax
..While you at it check out the things said about Portsmouth Ford I think in the off topic forum. I would stay ways from that place. Cheap doesn't mean good service.

jeff45
10-18-2006, 04:22 PM
i just bought a used minute mount 2 with all electrical for 2500 installed.. thing seems brand new! that place seemed good to me :confused:

DeereFarmer
10-18-2006, 06:17 PM
i just bought a used minute mount 2 with all electrical for 2500 installed.. thing seems brand new! that place seemed good to me :confused:
Just hope that you don't have any problems withit because they don't really seem to know what they are doing. Who knows, you might have got lucky.

BigDave12768
11-17-2006, 03:19 AM
i just bought a used minute mount 2 with all electrical for 2500 installed.:

I agree I paid 3000 for my PATS plow in excellent condition. I looked at new ones but I saved over a grand by driving to St. Jamesbury VT. For 3 grand I got the plow installed with a new fisher snow deflector installed and a new 8x8x5/8 trip edge. The plow never had an edge installed and the SILVER paint looks new and so does the stickers on it. Also I watched an learned all about it. very nice people in VT. They told me the newer Dodges are the hardest install going. I believe them he had to take bumper off and all the lights and he soldier everything. Plus no tax since it was used and I paid cash. So paying 3800 for a new one then 300 for the install plus tax 190 that 4300 with out an edge(125) or snow deflector(225). So you should have hunted down a nice used one. Their was tons of them this summer

DeereGuy
11-17-2006, 08:08 PM
I am thinking about changing to an 9'6" Xtreme V and will have to sell my 8' Xblade. The wiring harness won't work with your truck though and that would cost you $300. additional. The Blade is in great shape. Just trying to decide if I want to carry around 1000lbs in the front.

BigDave12768
11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Do not put a 9.6 blade on a 2500 . Fisher won't even install a plow on that if it has the diesel

YardMedic
02-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I can't say enough about Franklin Motors in the Dracut area. They've ALWAYS done well by me, with new plows or remounts from one truck to another. Smaller operation with big quality service.

I noticed the prices of Fords & plows over there in Portsmouth, but hadn't seen any of the negative feedback. Good to know!!

~Kevin

capt caper
02-25-2007, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't hesitate buying it out of state if the price was right.. Chances are real good that you'll never have a problem.. Before you leave the dealer give it a good workout.. It will fail then. If it's a Fisher I wouldn't worry..

I bought mine out of state and installed it myself saveing even more. Never had a problem until 7 years later..

Your warrenty expires after a year anyway.