PDA

View Full Version : Fisher plow mounts?

Frank Alguire
04-14-2006, 05:34 AM
A couple years ago I got a '68 Scout with a 6 1/2' Fisher plow. I figure the plow is a '68 too. The Scout finally gave up the ghost this year, and I was looking for another 4 wheel drive to plow our long rural driveway. I just picked up a '91 Cherokee, straight 6 standard, and need to get this old Fisher plow mounted on it. So I called the Fisher guys locally I deal with and they could not help me.

So, home fabricator and welder that I am, I guess I will have to make my own mounts. I am in great hopes that I won't have to re-invent the wheel, and maybe one of you fine folks could offer some advice, suggestions, diagrams, schematics, pictures, etc. that would help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Frank

Crash935
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Start with this page on fishers site to atleast get an idea fo what the mount looks like (I'm assuming that its an old convetional since it was new in 68)

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/publications.asp?cat=311

Frank Alguire
04-15-2006, 07:09 AM
That is very helpful. Looks like kind of a job to fabricate all this stuff, but we'll see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Frank

Flipper
04-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Might be easier to find something close and then modify it. Lots of old Fisher frames pop up on ebay. Get something with the same close frame width and maybe cut of old mounting points and fab new one. Most important is to have aframe sit level about 10" off ground. I have modified a few mounts in this way and gotten years of trouble free service.

Frank Alguire
05-07-2006, 06:30 PM
You suggest "Most important is to have aframe sit level about 10" off ground."

What frame, or part of the frame are we talking about? Plow frame? Front Jeep frame? Sure would appreciate a little help here, neophyte that I am with this stuff.

I can handle fabrciation no problem, good at welding etc., just need some guidance.

Pretty soon I'm gonna bring the Scout into my shop and remove the plow. From there. I need to look at how it was attached to the Scout, then look at how I can do that with the Cherokee. The Jeep does not ever have to have the plow come off, as it will be just a plow vehicle.

Thanks!

Frank

Crash935
05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
This is from a universal mount but there are measurements on the 2nd page to give you an idea of how high and where to measure from.

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/publications.asp?cat=113

Were going to need pics of this as you go and when you get done.

Frank Alguire
05-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Thanks for the lead, that will be a big help. I have some problems with my hot rod right now, and as soon as I get that figured out, I'll pull the old Scout in the garage and start tearing the old Fisher plow stuff off it. I'll take plenty of pics!

Take care and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Frank