PDA

View Full Version : regular duty or light duty plow

jgsxr750
03-29-2006, 08:24 PM
i planning on plowing acouple of driveways next winter. i was wondering if anyone could give me an answer on which is a better plow for my truck. it is a 05 1500 crew cab ( chevy silverado) . the question is regular duty or light duty. 7'-6" . i'm a recently new member and just wanted to say this sight is great. Alot of helpful information from everyone.

DeereFarmer
03-30-2006, 07:05 AM
It all depends on what you are planning on doing. If you really are going to be doing a few drives, than the LD would be fine for you. I am pretty sure that your truck could take either one of the plows, but the crew cab adds a lot of weight toward the front of the truck. Might be your best bet just to stick with the LD. That is what I have and I have not had a problem with it yet. Plowed 17" of powder and hardly went over the moldboard!:drinkup:

Antnee77
03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd go with the Regular Duty without a doubt, but just be sure to add proper ballast in the rear, and possibly do Timbrens in the front. Cranking the torsion bars might not be a bad idea either.

justme-
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, sounds like you want to start into business (your drive and a couple of others) so I would suggest following Chevy's and Fisher's ballast requirements and doing a RD series. The LD is fine for home use only, but will not hold up if you plan on making $$ plowing.

jgsxr750
03-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks guy for your in-put. I was planning to try and make some $$$$ with the plow. Besides doing my own driveway. Without a doubt i was going to add timbrens in the front . They are on order and due in a couple of days.