PDA

View Full Version : noisy hydraulic whine

dakota plow guy
03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I have an older under hood belt driven fisher plow. It's damned noisy, like a power steering pump low on fluid but I can actually feel the noise in the cab of my truck. At first I thought it was a bad pump, but I noticed that there's no "buzzing" vibration from the pump and the noise isn't really coming from it. The return hose has alot of "buzz" feel to it, from my inline filter to the hydraulic valve control body and then a little from the pressure hose right at the valve body. None of the other hoses have this buzz feel. My angle and lift contols are at the neutral position. It's almost as if there is something in the valve body that is keeping the fluid from flowing. Before I installed this system last winter I took the valve body apart and replaced all o-rings and am 99% sure i put it back together right. By the way, everything works great. No lift or angle issues at all. Any advice?

PAGE2004
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Ive got the same loud humming sound that you can hear from inside the cab as well.

Just wondering since you made your post in 06 - if you ever found out what the noise was.