PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Speedcast Mounting?

WhiteMts
02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Hello,
I have a 1994 Dodge RAM 2500. I was recently given a Fisher Speedcast belt driven plow off of another 1994 Dodge RAM. It looks like I have all the parts accept for the pulley that mounts to one of the fly wheels and the belt. My question is how difficult will this be to mount? I have pretty good mechanical skills and a good set of tools. Also, do I use existing holes in the frame during mounting or do holes need to be drilled?

Thank you for any tips or information!

WhiteMts

wfd44
02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Go to fisherplows.com then go to the tech support tab. You should be able to find kit selection guides, installation guides and parts lists for your plow right there.

justme-
02-22-2006, 07:44 AM
What?? They ,made belt driven Speedcast Non minute mount systems for that generation Ram?? And I been toiling with this electro-hydraulic thing?/ I gotta get me one of those.....

Install should be fairly easy. They usually are pretty straight forward.
retty sure it's all existing holes. I don;t thaink I have any non factory holes in my 96.

WhiteMts
02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the replies. I did check out Fisher’s site and found a couple of documents. I didn't find anything that showed the direct mounting to the frame. Does any one have a photo of the mounting point on the frame? That would be a big help.

Thank you again,
WhiteMts

rtm038
04-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't think Fisher made a conventional mount system for the 1994-2002 Rams, but Diamond did and they look similar to a conventional Fisher mount. Also, those Diamonds used either a Meyer electric pump or an underhood unit. Do you have any pics of the vehicle mount/headgear assembly?