PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Xblade V-plow coming in april!!

mrplowdude
02-14-2006, 09:41 AM
I was talking to my fisher dealer yesterday and he told me that in April fisher was releasing the Xblade Ez-V!:redbounce :redbounce
I can't wait to get one.

Boycea
02-14-2006, 10:45 AM
That is awesome, any idea of price?

jt5019
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Cant wait to see it! :)

mrplowdude
02-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Not sure of price but if it has the same a frame I only need to buy the frame and blade.

NoFearDeere
02-14-2006, 01:15 PM
That will be awesome! I might consider that for my next plow....00sport

Antnee77
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I've been waiting for this one. It's going to be pretty sick!

rob1325
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Are you positive on that. I just ordered new truck and they are putting new 9.5 Fisher EZ-V on it soon, I will hold off if it is true. Is the mount, electric, and pump gonna be the same? I called my dealer and said heard nothing about it. But maybe they are just keeping lid on it. He did say he heard them say they are changing the lights though.

thanks,
Rob

mrplowdude
02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
My dealer said that hes not sure of any changes but its debut is in April. I will try to find out more.

Scottscape
02-15-2006, 01:08 PM
I thought I seen a 9ft xblade on the classifieds here for 4200:confused: unless this is a dealer thats trying to sell them on here, but I thought dealers werent allowed to advertise on here

rob1325
02-16-2006, 09:08 AM
My dealer said that hes not sure of any changes but its debut is in April. I will try to find out more.

I think your right. I talked to another dealer that is huge at a trade show and he said hes pretty sure of it also.

DESTEFANO3782
02-16-2006, 07:21 PM
I Wish Fisher Would Come Out With A Plow That Has Wings Like The Blizzard With The Strength Of A Fisher Then They Would Really Have Something

Yaz
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Should be cool.. but it's going to be heavy!

Big Dog D
02-17-2006, 09:04 AM
I Wish Fisher Would Come Out With A Plow That Has Wings Like The Blizzard With The Strength Of A Fisher Then They Would Really Have Something

Why would you want something that would break that easy? Have you ever read any of the posts in the Blizzard section and see how many guys are haveing problems with that set up? Overextending, breaking etc....... No thanks!!!!

WOODY367
02-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I called Fisher but they won't release any info about a EZvee xblade. said they can't tell if its true or not. Have to wait and see.

mrplowdude
02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
The Day after I posted this I got a call asking if i was a fisher dealer, and then who was my fisher dealer and then they hung up. I reversed looked up the number and it was fisher eng. headquaters from maine. I think now that the cat is out of the bag they should tell us when. I know they look up here still and wish they would anwser wether its true or not. If it is as I was told I will be buying 2!

rob1325
02-17-2006, 03:39 PM
They probably did, but the season will be over in four weeks practically and I think by now every bought there plow for this season. I don't see why anyone would care other than planning for next season. I think it would help them more than hurt them IMO, especially if it gets hyped up. I know I will get one too if it looks promising.

Fordistough
02-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I do like the moldbord X design about them, but I do not like the stainless steel grey look to them. I would have to get it painted.

-Thann

PlowMan03
02-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Thann- I think you can get the Fisher X Blade in both yellow and stainless steel but I am not sure about it.

DESTEFANO3782
02-19-2006, 10:58 AM
you can but the point of the stainless is to be maintenance free. why would you want to ever paint it again??????????

Antnee77
02-19-2006, 11:00 AM
The Day after I posted this I got a call asking if i was a fisher dealer, and then who was my fisher dealer and then they hung up. I reversed looked up the number and it was fisher eng. headquaters from maine. I think now that the cat is out of the bag they should tell us when. I know they look up here still and wish they would anwser wether its true or not. If it is as I was told I will be buying 2!

Uh oh, hope your dealer doesn't get in trouble!

And, you can get the X-Blade in powdercoated yellow.

SnowDozers
02-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Why would you want something that would break that easy? Have you ever read any of the posts in the Blizzard section and see how many guys are haveing problems with that set up? Overextending, breaking etc....... No thanks!!!!

I bought two Fisher 7' 6" plows last season, brand new. After the first storm, one was junk, it didn't trip and the entire moldboard broke. Fisher didn't want to warrenty it. On the other one, the bolt that held on the trip edge wore down and worked it's way loose. Fisher told me to put a cutting edge on it... which was against the "don't put one on for a year" rule. They also said to stay away from curb edges... I asked them what their address was so I can send slip and falls their way. They hung up.

My brand new Blizzard did break on me... but it was still usable. They sent me two brand new wings and the dealer put them on in a day and dropped my plow off at my house. The 810 that I bought from my blizzard dealer, costed just as much as the 7' 6" blade from Fisher.

I WILL NEVER BUY A FISHER AGAIN.

Honestly, people please go to a local snowplowing company the size of mine and take a look at the plows they use. My fathers Boss and my Blizzard have held up twice as well as the fishers we own. There are huge differences!

If you are still Anti-Blizzard, that's fine. Go look at a Boss please before you buy your Fisher.

WOODY367
02-19-2006, 01:20 PM
The only part of the X blade that is stainless steel is the moldboard skin. The rest is powder coated mild steel. You can save alot of money with the powder coated steel skin. I also think "not sure" that the skin is replaceable on the X blade.

jt5019
02-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I bought two Fisher 7' 6" plows last season, brand new. After the first storm, one was junk, it didn't trip and the entire moldboard broke. Fisher didn't want to warrenty it. On the other one, the bolt that held on the trip edge wore down and worked it's way loose. Fisher told me to put a cutting edge on it... which was against the "don't put one on for a year" rule. They also said to stay away from curb edges... I asked them what their address was so I can send slip and falls their way. They hung up.

My brand new Blizzard did break on me... but it was still usable. They sent me two brand new wings and the dealer put them on in a day and dropped my plow off at my house. The 810 that I bought from my blizzard dealer, costed just as much as the 7' 6" blade from Fisher.

Honestly, people please go to a local snowplowing company the size of mine and take a look at the plows they use. My fathers Boss and my Blizzard have held up twice as well as the fishers we own. There are huge differences!

If you are still Anti-Blizzard, that's fine. Go look at a Boss please before you buy your Fisher.

NOOOOO thanks... After seeing all the threads on broken blizzard plows between the two sites you can have them. We have used 8 foot fisher plows for years never a problem. My father recently bought a Boss plow they are nice but i still prefer fisher. I hope the ezvee xblade is really coming out i have been hoping for one.

DESTEFANO3782
02-19-2006, 02:22 PM
i own 2 blizzard 810s and would never buy another 1. im a fisher/ diamond man i like the fisher but the diamond dealer is open 24/7 during storms unlike any fisher dealers around here. the blizzard saves alot of time in open lots but they cant withstand impact like tripping off curbs ect.. alot of people say stay away from curbs but who actually does, like when u hit ice and slide into one atleast a fisher or diamond would get up and keep goin, a blizzard you end up bending wings or a frame or who knows.

SnowDozers
02-19-2006, 05:02 PM
hmm... maybe you guys get different Fisher plows then we do. I have smacked curbs way harder with my Blizzard that haven't done anything to the wings (since they did the recall). My Fisher seemed so flimsy compaired to this plow. I don't know though, maybe it's just because I have had a bad experiance with Fisher. Our Fisher dealer around here is sweet, he's open all the time when we need them and they are very knowledgable, but I personally would through that all away then have to deal with Gary from Fisher again.

Fordistough
02-20-2006, 09:14 AM
If you can get the X-blade painted, is it steal, or still stainless?

-Thann

WOODY367
02-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Painted is steel not stainless.

RaInMaKeR
02-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by SnowDozers

Dozer,

Please dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think you can compare a Regular Duty 7'6" Fisher to a Blizzard. If your plowing a couple of driveways, sure a 7'6" RD will do. For production/commercial plowing, no way. Right tool for the right job. Your talking a totally different plow going from Fisher's LD/RD to the HD/MC or X Series.

We have a +10 yr. old 9'HD Fisher and the only thing I've had to replace was one hose and 8 cutting edges. We also have 4 other Fishers (9'HDs/8.6' V/10' MC) and just purchased a 9' X-SS. I could count on one hand how many times these plows have gone down on us, and still have fingers to spare. The last thing I want to do when I spend 4k-5k on a plow is to worry about welding it up so it doesnt break. No thanks, I'll stick w/Fisher any day!

RaInMaKeR

DESTEFANO3782
02-20-2006, 06:36 PM
id have to agree with you on that. i own 2 blizzards, and thats all i do is worry about whats gunna break next

cha-chas plowin
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
i love my x blade cant wait for this new one to come out:yow!: :yow!:

SnowDozers
02-20-2006, 06:53 PM
I agree with you saying I was comparing apples to oranges, but those are my personal experiences. As a company... we have always used 7'6" or 8' blades. Before my brother and I took over the plowing operations, we had 25 Fishers, 2 Westerns, and 5 old Meyers. Out of all of those, I would still never buy a Fisher over any other company.

I would be excited about the stainless V but I won't do business with a company that doesn't stand behind their products when another company has done well over $150,000 worth of business with them.

I am curious about one thing though... if you buy a bigger, heavier fisher plow then their 7'6"... does it still fly strait upward after tripping the trip edge?

Antnee77
02-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I am curious about one thing though... if you buy a bigger, heavier fisher plow then their 7'6"... does it still fly strait upward after tripping the trip edge?

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but it depends. If you fly into a huge crack in the pavement at 35 MPH and keep on going, I wouldn't expect the plow to stay on the ground completely, but for the most part, its weight keeps it down.

SnowDozers
02-21-2006, 04:57 AM
I do a particular job in the Downtown area that has an attached alley. The ally is probably 45 years old and the asphalt is horrible from all of the garbage trucks, and there are a lot of manholes with a 1 inch gap. At the most I probably used to do that alley at 3 MPH.

I caught one of them onetime with my girlfriend in the truck (who doesn't know much about snowplowing) and she asked me why the plow shot strait up like that.

I'm being serious as cancer! Nobody believes me but all of our Fisher plows have done this.

jt5019
02-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Not really sure what you mean by 'the blade shooting straight up." When the plow trips the blade does lift for the few seconds that it tripped but in never comes off the ground.That is how the trip edge works,the whole plow blade doesnt flop over like on a western. At 3 miles an hour you should hardly noticed it tripping. As far as im concerned fisher is one of the the top plows out there and my public works must think the same because all their smaller drump trucks run fisher plows.

justme-
02-21-2006, 09:36 AM
In all my time I have used ONLY Fisher' plows, and I have never had one shoot up more than a foot, which was because I was running at about 25mph when I should have been pushing about 5mph.
I wonder about the durability problems you all mention with Fisher's. Really, I do. From what I read Meyer has the worst electrohydraulic system ever conceived in need of constant rebuilding- or so it seems by reading the related forum and the truck and equipment repair forum. The only Fisher problems that occur repeatedly is people having trouble mounting and demounting their MM systems.
No mechanical, no structural, no nothing.

I agree, it sounds more like you're useing the wrong plow for the job- a 7'6 is not a commercial duty plow and will fail more frequently in commercial use- It doesn't matter that you're plowing on a Durango and all you can put on is a 7'6- neither the plow nor the truck are rated for commercial use. Maybe THAT is the underlying problem, not the constuction or durability of the plow....
3mph and the blade popping up seems to say you have either too big a cutting edge on it (8 instead of a 6) and/or you have the angle set wrong- check the adjustment holes in the back of the blade mount and consider adjusting them to change the angle of attack to the ground. At 3 to 5mph I cruise right over 1 inch gaps and 1 inch plus different surface heights with little disturbance.

X systems have the option of a stainless steel moldboard panel OR a painted steel moldboard panel. The frame work IS powder coated steel. Stainless steel CAN be painted with proper technique- but why bother.

And as to Blizzards breaking- since Douglas Dynamics bought them last fall I expect you will see a change in the design and construction for improving the durability of them, for those who may not be aware Douglas Dynamics owns Fisher and Western.

RaInMaKeR
02-21-2006, 10:09 AM
In all my time I have used ONLY Fisher' plows, and I have never had one shoot up more than a foot, which was because I was running at about 25mph when I should have been pushing about 5mph.

Same here, driving too fast and catching something is the only way to pop a Fisher off the ground. I've done it and it was totally driving error, not the blade design. Besides, I'd rather have the blade pop up in the air rather than twist/break something.

I know your not going to change your mind about Fisher support. Once something like that happens its real hard to go back. I think though you would have had a better arguement w/Fisher had you been using a HD blade. I would find it hard to replace a product that was being used in an application it wasnt designed for. I guess what they should have done was to say we'll upgrade you to a 8' HD knowing the kind of plowing you do. I'm kind of suprised that your dealer, knowing the type of business you have, would have let you walk out the door with a Regular Duty plow.

RaInMaKeR

J29
02-21-2006, 10:33 AM
SnowDozers,
I have an 8' Fisher HD and have had it jump just ONCE on me. I was plowing a street that I had plowed numerous times before without any trouble and caught a manhole cover that must have been pushed up by a frost heave or something because it had never caught me before. Anyways, even though I was only going about 15mph, it kicked the blade up about a foot. I thought for sure I had snapped a piece of the cutting edge, cause it was quite a jolt to the plow. Luckily for me, it only scratched it. It did knock the manhole cover off though...I had to go back and put it back in place. I think once the trip springs are compressed all the way, if the force is great enough, it will push up on the moldboard, hence the kick into the air. Learned my lesson about that street though, let me tell you. The city guys catch it all the time, I can hear it from my house, never get to see it though, so don't know if theirs do it too...they all run Fisher HD's or MC's around here, except for the big dumps that run Brauns. Just my 2 cents. J.

SnowDozers
02-22-2006, 12:51 AM
I wonder about the durability problems you all mention with Fisher's. Really, I do. From what I read Meyer has the worst electrohydraulic system ever conceived in need of constant rebuilding- or so it seems by reading the related forum and the truck and equipment repair forum. The only Fisher problems that occur repeatedly is people having trouble mounting and demounting their MM systems.
No mechanical, no structural, no nothing.

I agree, it sounds more like you're useing the wrong plow for the job- a 7'6 is not a commercial duty plow and will fail more frequently in commercial use- It doesn't matter that you're plowing on a Durango and all you can put on is a 7'6- neither the plow nor the truck are rated for commercial use. Maybe THAT is the underlying problem, not the constuction or durability of the plow....
3mph and the blade popping up seems to say you have either too big a cutting edge on it (8 instead of a 6) and/or you have the angle set wrong- check the adjustment holes in the back of the blade mount and consider adjusting them to change the angle of attack to the ground. At 3 to 5mph I cruise right over 1 inch gaps and 1 inch plus different surface heights with little disturbance.

X systems have the option of a stainless steel moldboard panel OR a painted steel moldboard panel. The frame work IS powder coated steel. Stainless steel CAN be painted with proper technique- but why bother.

And as to Blizzards breaking- since Douglas Dynamics bought them last fall I expect you will see a change in the design and construction for improving the durability of them, for those who may not be aware Douglas Dynamics owns Fisher and Western.

You might have hit on something.

The truck and plow do very little commercial work, mostly the smaller jobs. Like I said before, the plow had no cutting edge, because it was brand new. But what I found interesting was you mentioning that it may be attacking too aggressively.

The truck was a 1500 ram. I would NEVER put a 7'6" on a Durango. That's a lot of weight!

It seemed to me that the plow would get caught on something, and as I drove forward, the trip edge returning to normal position would cause it to jump high up. Perhaps it was gaining too much tension before returning to its normal spot and it created a lot of force in the up position.

nsmilligan
02-22-2006, 05:12 PM
First of all plowing without a cutting edge for a period of time is an urban myth, that I think started because the edge is an option of the Fisher, and when the customer would balk at having to pay more money on top of the plow price, the salesman would say," Oh you don't need a cutting now, you should let the trip edge wear in before installing a wear edge." You have to be VERY careful if you plow anything more then your own driveway, not to wear the trip edge too far if you go this route. I can wear out a standard wear edge in about 40 hours of plowing, that's why I switched to 5/8" carbide edges, which last me about 2 seasons. Also if your plowing lots with speed bumps, or raised catch basins that are causing your plow to jump that much, you should try a urethane edge. I'm assuming the bolt that wore down was the outside trip edge bolt, these are worn when plowing against curbs, and made worse if you don't have a wear edge on the plow. There are curb guards you should be using if you're doing a lot of plowing against curbs.

Bill

justme-
02-23-2006, 09:29 AM
The angle the trip edge makes when compressed will have something to do with the way it may or may not hop- physics.

and Bill, wearing the blade in is NOT an urban myth. I have been running the SAME cutting edge on my Ram which I plow commercially for 6 years!

The subject has been covered in several threads and there are several of us who plow commercially and have long life out of our edges.

The Fisher blade was originally designed NOT to use a cutting edge- it was intended you'd wear the trip edge down until the spring mounts were about to break then replace the trip edge.
If you do not wear the trip edge first it is the same legnth as the cutting edge which causes the surface area of the cutting edge to combine with the surface area of the trip edge rubbing on the ground sou you get less scraping force because the weight is devided over twice the contact area. It does not scrape as well, it will however last significantly longer, as my truck is evidence. I am ok with the poorer scraping (backdragging is terrible with this configuration tho) for the extra wear. Fisher introduced the bolt on cutting edge to avoid the need to replace the trip edge, not as an accessory.

nsmilligan
02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I can't speak for the original design, but all Fishers in recent years came with bolts holes to mount a wear edge. The OEM wear edges are slightly longer then the trip edge, and your right, it does tke longer to wear in the trip edge and wear edge together. Once they are both worn, then any new edge will overhang the trip edge. The scraping ability has more to do with the attack angle of the plow then the thickness of the edge, that's one reason for the x-blade having a more aggresive attack angle. 6 years plowing to me would be about 3000 hours of plow on the ground time, which usually means new mold boards and A frames, let alone wear edges.
No one around here would put a new plow in service without wear edges, 1 days plowing for me will wear 1/4 to 3/8 off the standard edges.

Bill

mcwlandscaping
02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Not really sure what you mean by 'the blade shooting straight up." When the plow trips the blade does lift for the few seconds that it tripped but in never comes off the ground.That is how the trip edge works,the whole plow blade doesnt flop over like on a western. At 3 miles an hour you should hardly noticed it tripping. As far as im concerned fisher is one of the the top plows out there and my public works must think the same because all their smaller drump trucks run fisher plows.

What ^^^ said

mrplowdude
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Who cares about that. Fisher haters go away! Still can't wait. I decided that if for some reason it doesn't come out I'm going to get the regualar Xblade. It scrapes much better than the regualar ones.

justme-
02-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I can't speak for the original design, but all Fishers in recent years came with bolts holes to mount a wear edge. They have had holes pre punched for over 20 years. Probabily going on 30 to tell the truth. My 86 Speedcast has them. Plow wear really depends on the environment the edge is faced with. Road plowing does a lot more wear than lot plowing which does alot more wear than resi routes.
And yeah, I figure it's around 2000 to 2500 hours, and it's deffinatly time for a rebuild on the plow. Though, I kinda like the slop in the center pin- it lets the plow twist to follow the crown better.....

The new V-x-blade will be interesting....

nsmilligan
02-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Well back to the thread.
Since this is still only a rumor, if Fisher was to build an x-blade V what changes would you want over the EZ-V?.
I've had an Ez-V since 97, and it has made me money, so what would I want in a new plow:
faster hydraulics:nod:
Some way to get rid of the center flap :nod: and not the dreaded Boss center shoe!
better lights :nod:
I know the Fisher guys watch this site from time to time any other constructive suggestions?

Bill

wfd44
02-23-2006, 09:16 PM
I would think the biggest things would be the SS mold board and steeper attack angle. I've never used a V but hope to have one by next winter (especially if the EZ-V X blade comes along with those features).

Better lights is a definite need across the board at Fisher. Great plows with lousy lights.

justme-
02-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Definatly better lights. They headlight design they use has not changed in almost 20 years.... Time for current technology.

How about a poly center piece instead of the flap?

OR how about making a boss type cross piece that has it's own hinge and spring to trip??

Oh, and go back to the non coasting electrohydraulics- when I let go the blade should stop, imediately like the old MM systems.

rob1325
03-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Anyone hear about it yet? Did they release it today? Also, anyone go to the Atlanta truck show? Hopefully pics will be up on the site.

mrplowdude
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
I heard the plow was on display at the National Truck Equipment Expo.. Anyone find anything out?

jt5019
03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Heard the same..... hopefully someone attended and took some pictures:)

DESTEFANO3782
03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
where is that expo?

rob1325
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes please any pics?

rob1325
03-11-2006, 06:59 PM
some pics I found, I have pics of western new V too. They are similair to Fisher but you can get only steel or poly in western. Also, new head lights:
Lets see if this works, found them on snow magazine website.

rob1325
03-11-2006, 07:03 PM
one more from the site, Also see new sander:

jt5019
03-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Dont know if i like the new sander but the xblade vplow and new headlights was something ive been hoping for

PlowMan03
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Nice pics, did you get any close up pics at all? Looks like that V-Plow is gonna rock.

cet
03-12-2006, 12:19 AM
If we can put a set on wings on the V blade we would be all set.:nod:

Antnee77
03-12-2006, 08:35 AM
That's awesome, thanks for the pics! I love those new headlights, too!!

mike_09
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Can you get those new fishers without the new head lights? But does anyone have anymore pictures of the new X blade vee plow? Looks sweet but can't see it that well though.

Antnee77
03-14-2006, 06:37 PM
If the new headlights do make it to production, I highly doubt you'll be able to get a plow without them. I can't see why you'd want to, though.

DESTEFANO3782
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Lets See Some Betterr Pics??????????????????????????

mike_09
03-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Is it me or are these plows different? The first one looks like it has more of deeper v then the other one. The second plow I like but the first I don't like.

mike_09
03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
the second one, this is the one I think I like better.

Antnee77
03-15-2006, 03:41 PM
It's probably just that the second one is not fully in the "V" position.

southofheaven73
04-04-2006, 06:26 AM
when is fisher releasing the xtreme v??

Yaz
04-04-2006, 07:57 PM
I want the lights! I want the lights! I want the lights! purplebou

Adair350
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Hopefully they relese the XtreamV this month the suspence is too much! :dizzy: I need a new V blade & A Frame for my set up!

jbone
07-04-2006, 08:16 PM
wel... does anyone have an idea, my boss is dying to get one while he has the money but cant wait forever with it, he needs to know soon when and if they have been released. thanks

mrplowdude
07-05-2006, 05:49 AM
It should be out now. Check your dealer

jt5019
07-05-2006, 08:07 PM
As far as i know they are already out or you can atleast order it.

winged1dur
07-09-2006, 06:56 PM
My dealer placed his order in mid April and is expecting his shipment to be in around July 18. He said Fisher will not actively promote them until the dealers have them. BTW I have "dibbs"on a 9'6" Extreme-V.

KenG
08-10-2006, 11:14 PM
There is an 8'6" Xtreme-V on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FISHER-86-XTREMEV-SNOW-PLOW-V-PLOW-VEE-PLOW-SNOWPLOW_W0QQitemZ140017510996QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a good price. I might have to get one for my newest truck.