PDA

View Full Version : need help!

Whitestar PM
02-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Got a 97 dodge 2500 cummins with a minute mount.. Just made a few passes on my personal driveway and went to lift the plow..Wouldnt lift.. Checked the fluid, it was a little low..added fluid and tried again..No go.. The pump is making a screaming noise kinda when i hit the switch for up, left or right , but wont go up, left or right.. Is there anything i should check out that i havent.. Thank You Nate Alden

justme-
02-13-2006, 08:42 AM
check the fluid again- make sure it's not leaking.
Pump itself could have gone, filter inside could be blocking flow. If the pump motor is working it's got to be either no fluid/low fluid, broken pump mechanism, or the valves/solinoids aren't opening to allow the fluid into the rams. Check the connections again (the plugs from the truck to plow sometimes need to be spread ever so slightly to make good contact after a couple years- I use a flat blade screwdriver that I gound to a chisel edge- VERY gentle a broken pin means replacing the harness end.) Also check the connections on the plow motor and to the solinoid box. Going to need a test light from there to make sure power is going to the soloniods, then I would say pull the pump motor and pump assy.

anyone else?

BTW I noticed a couple of seasons ago the bottom bolts on the SEHP unit tend to loosen on mine- lost all my fluid mid storm (middle of a customers driveway...) Make sure they're tight but don;t strip them- it's aluminum after all.

douglasl330
02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Just me--I think you covered just about everything!!!!!--Whining noise sounds more hydralic than electrical--! Hope it's a cheap fix--Let us know--check those plugs and fluid level--Also had plug loosen up!

ridesn
12-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Was experiencing the exact same symptoms earlier with my MM1. Found this thread and wanted to share my fix. My hydraulic fluid was freshly changed and full. Cleaned every electrical connection I could access. As OP stated, pump motor could be heard but the blade moved very slowly or not at all. Plow blade manually swiveled in 1 direction only. Put a heat gun to the solenoid pak (SEHP) to warm it up and suddenly the plow blade started working well again. Must have been ice in the solenoid pak, tho not sure why it worked fine initially. Thought I'd share for other googlers.