PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Minute Mount

JPLTrucking
01-27-2006, 07:12 AM
How much work is installing a Minute Mount Plow? I am looking a buying a used one and was considering installing it myself. Any input would be appreciated.

Antnee77
01-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Not bad at all. What kind of truck is it going on and which MinuteMount system are you looking into? The vehicle mounting brackets (push-plates) are usually a cinch, depending on the truck. Some require drilling holes in the frame. The wiring is a no-brainer and can be performed by someone who has basic electrical skills.

ticki2
01-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Not too bad , it's a good idea to install yourself , you'll be better prepared to trouble shot later if you need to . If buying used , make sure you have the right parts , some of the wiring and the mounts are truck specific .

Antnee77
01-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Not too bad , it's a good idea to install yourself , you'll be better prepared to trouble shot later if you need to . If buying used , make sure you have the right parts , some of the wiring and the mounts are truck specific .

You can say that again! Make doubly sure that you have absolutely everything you need and that what you have fits your truck! Believe me, I know from experience!

douglasl330
01-31-2006, 10:55 PM
It's not too tough to install it yourself! If you have a lot of downtime this time of year go for it(and your mechanically inclined)! If you don't need it right away and your busy making money it may be cost effective to have someone else do it! Just a thought!

JPLTrucking
02-02-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks guys. I actually got it installed in 2 hrs. for $300.00 at a Fisher Dealer. He actually replaced the solenoid because it was going south. I felt for the money and the proper install by someone who knows what they were doing, it was worth it.

RJ snow
02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
How much work is installing a Minute Mount Plow? I am looking a buying a used one and was considering installing it myself. Any input would be appreciated.

Fisher does a nice job writing the installation book and if you can read you can install this unit yourself even with limited mechanical ability. Step by step instructions all the way through...."Good job Fisher Eng." You should take your time and I won't be any problem at all...plan on a saturday afternoon or a weekend if you go real slowly through the install. And yes I agree that doing it yourself will help you diagnose problems in the future if needed.