PDA

View Full Version : bleeding the system

oldsw-31
01-26-2006, 07:15 PM
what is the best way to bleed the air out of the lines. this is on a old belt hydro setup on my ford.

oldsw-31
01-28-2006, 08:22 AM
anyone have I idea? the lift ram will go up slow and it seems intermitten like there is air in th e system

deathius
02-18-2009, 04:24 PM
did you figure out how to blled the system? I just replaced a couple of fittings and it won't go up. I was able to bleed the left and right lines but not the main one.

Jason

F-350 Quad Cab Fisher electric 9' blade

Crash935
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
First of all, DO NOT raise the plow before you angle it left and right and then recheck the fluid. By raising the blade first you put air into the system before you even start and have to work harder at getting it bled out.

Both of you, let it sit over night with the blade on the ground. If Possible, get it so the rear of the cylinders are higher than the front (floor jack under the rear of the a frame).

Olds, being that you have a belt drive, You may have to start at the farthest fitting (turn cylinder) and with someone running the control for that functions, slowly "crack" the fitting open until you get no more air from that fitting and then got to the next closest fitting (other turn cylinder) and then on to the lift cylinder.