PDA

View Full Version : X-Blade Curb Guards

JPMAKO
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Has anyone made the Fisher X-Blade curb guards fit on a regular Fisher Plow?
I have a 8' HD and would like to get curb guards but only see them for the X Blade.

Jason

itsgottobegreen
01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Not to be a pain. But got a welder?????? If so then you can make it work:nod:

JPMAKO
01-02-2006, 11:39 PM
That's what I was thinking. Custom Fab...
I was just wondering if anybody has done it and if they somewhat fit?

Jason

justme-
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Check some of the commercial plow suppliers- the generic highway plow curb guards can be "made" to fit too- not sure of the cost one way or the other but an option.

BIGRED1
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
anyone have a link for the curb guards? i have never seen them for sale, only mounted and in use...

SGLC
01-08-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm going to hi jack this this thread and ask if anyone has put curb guards on their V's?

dsc
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Don't waste your money on the Fisher curb guards. I have an X-blade with Winter Equipment Co. curb guards. They make a set that will bolt on regular Fisher plows. I had to modify mine to fit because of the center punched cutting edge design. Good luck

01' GMC 2500hd w/ Fisher x-blade ss
http://www.winterequipment.com/index.html

SGLC
01-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Don't waste your money on the Fisher curb guards. I have an X-blade with Winter Equipment Co. curb guards. They make a set that will bolt on regular Fisher plows. I had to modify mine to fit because of the center punched cutting edge design. Good luck

01' GMC 2500hd w/ Fisher x-blade ss
http://www.winterequipment.com/index.html

How do u like your curb guards? They seem pretty good through reading. I may have to order a pair for my V

dsc
01-09-2006, 05:13 PM
I've been really happy with them. They really help get rid of the "smiley face".
One thing I forgot to mention is that x-blade users have to modify the curb guard bolt locations because of the center punched design. If your running fisher equipment that does not use center punched blades, you have alot more options available through Winter Equipment.
The model curb guards I use on my X-blade are the 6" standard curb guards.

SGLC
01-10-2006, 01:15 AM
I've been really happy with them. They really help get rid of the "smiley face".
One thing I forgot to mention is that x-blade users have to modify the curb guard bolt locations because of the center punched design. If your running fisher equipment that does not use center punched blades, you have alot more options available through Winter Equipment.
The model curb guards I use on my X-blade are the 6" standard curb guards.

I'd be looking at a set for my V. Wish I could find an e mail contact on their site to ask about which ones to order vs. phoning them thogh.