PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed on the X Blade?

Winter Land Man
12-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I was driving down the road today and saw a local snowplowing contractor drive his new Chevy 1-ton with an X-Blade up and fully angled. Well, one of the lights you can't see as it was angled while it was lifted up. What's your opinion on this? His is like 9 feet wide and he was downtown and it's quite narrow with cars parking on the side of the road, so you must admit there are times you need to angle the plow.. so driving with it straight wasn't an option for him. But one of the lights was totally non-viewable. Only one light was visible.

rob1325
12-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I lower plow down little at night or angle little left if have room.

Frozen001
12-21-2005, 10:26 PM
I think a lot of the newer plow setups have this problem. My 8 foot western will cover up one light when fully raised and angled. if I have to have th blade angled I usually drop the blade a bit. I think plow companies are trying. to make the setup look better by keeping them closer to the hood lines of the truck. Although I did see a new wester on a 250SD ford that looked like it had a 3" extension on the light tower... don't know if it was factory or not, bit it looked like it belonged there...

justme-
12-22-2005, 09:47 AM
I have never noticed that on any truck- I'll have to look for it on the locals useing Xblades...

xeonpro
12-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I have that problem...but I try to travel with the plow straight and at like 1/2 height...that way my truck gets ventilation and I can actually see my plow lights. But yes in town it can be tricky with a 9' so you do have to lift and fully angle it and hope you dont rub the ground too many times!