PDA

View Full Version : bleed lines?

Hiwire
12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Yesterday I discovered a drip at a hose connection at the bottom of the lift ram on my MM1. Somehow (dont ask me how its possible) the threaded connection is loose. To tighten it, I had to disconnect the opposite end of the line, tighten the offending fitting almost 2 full turns, and now reconnect the opposite end. On this system, is any sort of bleeding needed or will any air work its way out as the system refills? I am guessing it will be fine without bleeding. Thanks for your answers.
Ray

Crash935
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
The air should work its way out after a few munites of angleing the blade back and forth, however, after doing so you may want to check the fluid level. Just remember to lower the blade and push the lift cylinder all the way down before checking the fluid.

Hiwire
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks Crash. Thats just what i figured. I doubt that I lost more than a tablespoon total but was planning to check the level after using it a bit. Ive had this plow for about 4 yrs now and this is the first time I have had to do anything other than change fluid. I love the Fishers.
Ray