PDA

View Full Version : Headlights on in conjunction with plow lights?

Relentless
12-12-2005, 01:25 AM
I bought a "new to me" 99 Superduty that has a 2 year old Fisher Vee on it and I could have sworn the head lights would stay on with the plow hooked up and plugged in when I first bought it. Now when I am really paying attention (LOL), this doesn't seem to be the case. Can anybody tell me if I was just seeing things or do I have a problem with my wiring? I do not have a dealer within 500 hundred miles to check with.

Thanks for your help.

Crash935
12-12-2005, 04:21 AM
Your just seeing things, the truck headlights should not be on when you have the plow headlights plugged in. Reason is, when you plug the plow headlights in you complete a ground curcuit back to the realys in the plow harness that causes the relays to switch to the plow, unplug the harness and you break the ground curcuit and by default the relays switch back to the truck side.

Now, go take a nap so you will quit seeing things.

Relentless
12-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey Crash, Thanks for helping me "see the light" :nod: :nod: :nod:

douglasl330
12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Headlight are always off if the plows light are on! There would be a large draw--I had a truck that was set up like that and you couldn't use the high beams on it!!

Crash935
12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Not a problem, but did you get your nap like i told you to?

Relentless
12-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes, Dad!!:D :D :D

Merc1100sc
12-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Are they both on during day or night. If your truck has DRL's, they stay on at the same time the plow lights are on. at night, only your headlights should be on. You tap into your DRL's on your truck to turn them on on the plow.. at least on chevy's anyway..