PDA

View Full Version : sehp 6 1/2 plow will not raise

tlhodeck
12-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I have A plow that might raise an inch or two. If my wife operates the joy stick while I pull the blade up by hand it will raise. Left-right works. Drained fluid and pulled motor and pump. filter is clean. opened pump. Housing surface at pump gears is not real smooth. Don't know if this is critical. Motor shaft at pump has about 1/32 inch play where it comes through pump housing. Is this bad? I don't have any other ideas to fix it. plow worked ok last year (used for personal use, 2-3 hours per snow) Attached it this week for first plowable snow we had. Plow raised almost the whole way the first time, then less and less till it was only about 2 inch height. Got the plowing done and tore it apart after following manual suggestions. it would raise higher after traveling to next site to plow then it would die down again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did not adjust the little pressure adjuster on the pump because I don't have a gauge. thanks for any help.Recently famous Lititz,Pa.

Mowerpan
12-10-2005, 12:32 PM
What kind of pump? Sounds like cables need adjusting, my plow would do the same thing, till i adjusted the cables.

Arc Burn
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
What kind of pump? Sounds like cables need adjusting, my plow would do the same thing, till i adjusted the cables.

SEHP pump,no cables.
The inside pump surface should be smooth,you can tell if it's chewed up at all.It's only gonna get worse,if your hell bent,get a presure gauge and adjust the pressure,sounds like it needs it,also sounds like you'll need a new pump in the near future.