PDA

View Full Version : How to keep snow from sticking to blade??

Merc1100sc
12-08-2005, 07:25 AM
IM running an 8-6V on my truck. The snow sticks like a mo-fo. anyone got any ideas on getting it not to stick..
thanks

exmark1
12-08-2005, 07:39 AM
There are a few options from what I have tried the big help is making sure to keep it painted so there is something between the steel and the snow. The other odd thing that we have tried is actually using cooking non stick spray and spraying down the blade once and awhile! No kidding it actually works!

Merc1100sc
12-08-2005, 08:10 AM
how about spraying wd-40 on the blade

wirenut
12-08-2005, 08:23 AM
click on the free gift
its called fluid film
supposed to be the
cats meow...

Merc1100sc
12-08-2005, 08:29 AM
click on the free gift
its called fluid film
supposed to be the
cats meow...

huh? confused

SnoFarmer
12-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Do you keep your plow inside?
If you take a warm plow out side and start plowing with it before it cools off the snow will stick to it and freeze.
I set the fall speed of the plow, so when I raise the plow all of the way up and let it drop a couple of times, it self cleans..:waving:

wirenut
12-08-2005, 11:57 AM
why you confused ?

send off an e mail and get a free sample

i told them i used pam and he laughed

said this stuff lasts longer

just look on the main page i'm sure

the word free will catch your eye.....

justme-
12-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Wirenut means read the sticky in Commercial plowing forum (probabily in most forums)

Try the poly blade shields from Buyers (northern tool has them about $40)

WD40 works, as does cooking spray, or pledge but they all wear off pretty fast- sometimes as fast as 1 driveway. I used to heat up my steel shovels and coat them in parafin which works much longer, but heating a whole blade would be tough. Trying FF this season.

Merc1100sc
12-08-2005, 02:02 PM
i see.. i didnt see the fluid film anywhere.. ill go look.
no, i keep it outside.. the snow builds up on the cutting edge.. its a pain in the butt..

for thise who set their drop speed, how do u do this?? can it be done on a fisher?

gino
12-08-2005, 03:00 PM
The best thing to do is wax the blade with Car Wax. My brother swears by it. But I just cant bring myself to do it. I am anal, but thats a whole other level!
g

Charles
12-08-2005, 03:03 PM
http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=26374

The thread with the free sample of Fluid Film

Merc1100sc
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
just ordered some. thanks.

RJ snow
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
no, i keep it outside.. the snow builds up on the cutting edge.. its a pain in the butt..

for thise who set their drop speed, how do u do this?? can it be done on a fisher?

On a Insta-Act pump there is a set screw like thing on the top right front side of the pump housing if standing in front of the plow thats called the "quill ajustment screw" which is used for adjusting your drop speed. a little goes a long way.

RJ snow
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Well I've been using this stuff for that same problem for a few years now and this stuff works great..."It's called Snow Shooter!" comes in a spray bottle and really works nice for keeping wet snow, slush & ice from sticking to the plow. I carry a bottle with me at all times. Trick is when you put the stuff on put it on when plow is clean and dry and it lasts a long while, can do a touch up job any time along the way but for best result clean & dry. I swear by this stuff....best $10 fix in the E-Kit.

RJ snow
02-03-2006, 12:42 PM

BLADE DROP SPEED ADJUSTMENT
The quill in the top of the valve manifold on the
passenger side front corner adjusts the blade drop
speed.
1. Lower the blade to the ground before making
adjustment.
2. Turn the quill IN (clockwise) to decrease drop
speed.
Turn the quill OUT (counterclockwise) to increase
drop speed.
3. Stand clear of the blade when checking
adjustment.