PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Installation

Terrascaping
11-26-2005, 07:32 PM
I just got a 9' X-Blade MM II, I am setting this plow on a 05 F-450 dump truck with H13 Headlights. I have everything ready except the connections to the the directional lights. The electrical harnesses from fisher do not match the female harness that come with the directional lights on the f-450; besides the above-mentioned and following the schematics, I have to splice a purple in to the turn signal (passenger side light) and a purple and a brown wires into the left side signal ( driver side). F Y I, it is the first time I am setting up a plow from scratch.

My option is to cut the harness that comes with the kit and splice all the wires in to the directional lights by guessing colors (Bridge). and the other three wires. I do not want to create a circut shock or burn alot of fuses by doing it this way.

Specifications:
F-450 2005 Diesel 4x4 H13 Headlight Style
X-Blade 9"0 MM II
Harness Kit Isolation Module Light System
Insta-Act Hydraulic System

Any input or help will be appreciated.

You can reply to this thread or email me at terrascaping@aol.com

Thanks,

Ed

Crash935
11-27-2005, 12:04 AM
The electrical harnesses from fisher do not match the female harness that come with the directional lights on the f-450;

I take it as you mean, they dont match color wise? Western and fisher use purple and brown in all their harness to demote turn and marker wires in their harness.

My option is to cut the harness that comes with the kit and splice all the wires.

Thats how its done. There should be crimp connectors and shrink tube in a bag that was in your harness box.

by guessing colors (Bridge). and the other three wires

Get out a test light to make sure, the middle wire on the truck side should be your marker lights and the lighter colored wire to the outside edge of the plug should be turn.

Terrascaping
11-27-2005, 01:48 AM
I was going to have the dealer install the plow for $300.00, but I needed to wait two weeks for the next available space at their shop. But since we are in Jersey, it can snow at any moment and I want to be ready for it. I also decided to do it myself, it is a good way to see how all the components are setup together and how the plow works.

I will get a tester tomorrow because I also need to identify a switch controlled wire to connect to the red wire that comes with the snow plow controll harness.

Thanks for the info!

Ed

Crash935
11-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Ed, the easiest way to get keyed power is to pick up off one of the fuses in the fuse panel. while your picking up a tester, stop at the auto parts store and get a mini fuse tap, and a female terminal to fit it. The mini tap slids over the prong of the fuse with a flat spade sticking out over the top of the fuse to plug your female terminal into. Now that you have a test light you can use it to check for a keyed fuse.