PDA

View Full Version : new x-blade angles when I turn

BIGRED1
11-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Haven't used my new x-blade yet so i put it on today just for practice and because there was a slight chance of plowable snow. I have never used a MM type plow before and I noticed that sometimes when I turn the truck the blade will angle on its own. Not like the pump is running but more like there is play or slop in the pistons. Is this normal? It only happened a few times maybe it will work itself out when the pistons are broke in? Could this be a lack of fluid?

Any help would be great,

Crash935
11-25-2005, 06:38 AM
This is common on a new blade, fisher switched to a low friction cylinder and it takes some time ot work the air out of the system. You can try to help it along by getting the front end of the cylinder lower than the rear of the cylinder and cracking the hoses open at the cylinder or at the pump. Just remember that some fluid may squirt out so loosen the hoses slowly and dont wear your sunday best. You may have to run the plow and crack the hoses again a few times to get all the air out.

BIGRED1
11-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks, thats kind of what I was thinking. It just didn't seem like anything was wrong, and not even I can brake a plow before I have used it...

thanks again

Yaz
11-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Not sure if you now Rappa? He's running the same setup as you.He is in your town, It's worth getting to know your naibors, It could help you out someday in a pinch.. As a matter I am too running a new X-Blade. I think it moves a little also but I used it yesterday with no issues at all as far as how it moves left and right when I want it too.

BIGRED1
11-26-2005, 09:19 AM
No, actually I don't know him but Im sure I will get to sooner or later. I noticed you upgraded the exhaust on your truck. Did it do anything for the fuel mileage or horse power?

Yaz
11-28-2005, 11:47 AM
No, actually I don't know him but Im sure I will get to sooner or later. I noticed you upgraded the exhaust on your truck. Did it do anything for the fuel mileage or horse power?

I must admit it was 75% for looks and 25% to keep EGT down. I don't have a problem with high EGT's but I wanted to be safe having a power programer. As far as millage and power I don't see any differance at all. Having a programer is were all the extra power comes in with a diesel. I know saying having too much is impossible but in this case it is. I plow in stock mode.

Note: please tell me you saw my post http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=24997&page=2 before you cut you front bumper!