PDA

View Full Version : Plow wont come down or angle??

Richard123
11-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Fisher Minute Mount.

Put my plow on to get ready for this season.
When I got it on and pluged in my cables, It went up as soon as I touched the stick. GREAT.

Problem though... it wont come down or angle. If I dump the pressure it hits the ground. The pump will bring it back up but know motor or pump noise when I angle or try to go down.

Any sugestions????

justme-
11-08-2005, 02:42 PM
electrical connection on the front of the truck are probabily the issue. could be dirty, could need to be spread slightly to make better contact (very careful doing that they are easy to break) Or more likely the wiring harness itself has a broken wire (s) as the base of the plug. On a MM1 or MM2 without the ISO system the plug on the left of the truck is the cuplprit. the bend at the plug on the plow side tends to cause the wires to fatigue and break inside. Have someone hold the stick to a side and wiggle the connector there to deturmine if the wires are broken. If so Fisher sells harness ends to splice in. Did mine 2 seasons ago.

Richard123
11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
I had a couple of people tell me to check these connections.
I will take a look at it. One guy told me of course to clean the pins both female and male.
***** Well what kind of tool is out there to get inside the terminals and clean them????????
I can spray clean them first and get the old greese out .....but then what????

justme-
11-09-2005, 09:21 AM
none that I am aware of- I use little scraps of sand paper or emery cloth to clean them then make sure to coat them liberily in dielectric grease to prevent corrosion again. Check the wireing harness for breaks before going through the work of cleaning and spreading the pins- that is more likely the issue.

My local dealer service guy showed me a tool he made and I copied- took a stubby flat blade screw driver with a 1/4 inch wide blade and ground the end to an edge. This can be used to gently (and I mean gently) slide in to the pins splits and spread the ever so slightly. This only has to be done every couple of seasons unless you put on and remove the plugs alot in a season- then I'd say once per season.

BTW the plug in the the other post is not likely the answer- 99% of this issue is electrical. Same symptons for me when the harness broke- I had to zip tie it in place in the middle of a storm to get it to work right until I could finnish the route.

douglasl330
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Plumbers have a little wire can be had at a good plumbing supply house. For the sockets your on your own! Use dielectric grease when you are done designed for electrical connections specifically:redbounce purplebou :bluebounc

justme-
11-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Plumbers have a little wire can be had at a good plumbing supply house.
??? Lost me there.
For the sockets your on your own!
Save the money and headaches spend the $20-$30 and buy the Fisher one. Useing your own you need to find a weatherproof connector with the current rating AND the right number of pins for both sides of the connection (truck and plow) Too much hassle.

douglasl330
11-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Oops I'm Bad it was suppose to read brush-- It is tapered to a cone shape. I use this once a year in the fall and then goop up with the dielectic and good to go. The brush is only good for the pins!:dizzy: Was a long day when I typed last night should have proofed it