PDA

View Full Version : Fisher or Western V?

nailerdog
11-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I plan on doing the install myself as I have the knowledge, time and shop. These plows seem pretty similar. I was quoted carry out prices of $4366 for the Fisher 8.5 and $3981 for a Western 8.5 ffrom a dealer in IL. Will cost me an additional $175 to ship with no sales tax. Seem like decent prices?

I haven't plowed for about 10 years. Last plow setup was a Fisher 8' on a Chev C30. I loved it, as it was trouble free for the 3 years I used it.

The closest Fisher dealer is 45 minutes away and I have a Western dealer about 10 minutes away. The Western dealer really pushes Boss over Western though. So I figured a drop ship probably isn't too risky?

Looked at the Blizzard 810 too. Looks like it would be especially nice for guys doing a a fair amount of lots. I see that they are being sold to Fisher as well. No dealer close for them either.

Plow is going on an 06 Super Duty diesel. I'll be doing mostly long (100 foot plus) rural driveways and a couple of small lots. 20-25 accounts tops.

I really liked the last yellow plow but is that yellow paint that much more expensive?

I'm in Wisconsin just across from St Paul, MN. Are there any good reputable dealers in the area that you guys know of?

nailerdog
11-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Checked them out at snowplowsupply.com and found them for $3895 and $3838(Fisher was actually less). Any thoughts on the advantages of the Red or the Yellow on these two, maybe installation or operation?

danno
11-06-2005, 12:33 PM
If one of your questions regards the color of the paint itself, there`s no one that`s better than another.
I myself like the yellow(Fisher). I think it "stands out" more than the others.