PDA

View Full Version : Fisher belt driven hydraulics

al2275
10-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Hi Guys, Just starting out in the business this season and was wondering if someone could help? I aquired an older (95 or 96) Fisher Minute mount plow with belt driven hydraulics. My question is does anyone know a site I can get the pulley and mounting brackets for my 94 Ford F150 W/302 & A/C? I found the 7520D bulletin on the fisher website, now I have to find the part kit! Is this a kit Fisher would still make? Please Help! Thanks in Advance ,Al

cog-1
10-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Try going to www.centralparts.com
Then click on parts for fisher, they have some pumps and pulleys there, may be what you are looking for.

al2275
10-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Unfortunately, they dont have the mounting brackets im looking for. Thanks Again for your respons!

PiratePlow
10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
I bought a used fisher set up from my brother. He had them on bronco II's but he went to full sized trucks and bigger trucks. He gave me what he had, but I had to do alot of fabrication to get it on my full sized bronco.

Anyhow.. I had the under hood pump.. a few of the brackets.. but not the drive sheave and some other nick nacks. That was the main reason I decided to try running my system off of my power steering pump. It cost me about $60 in hose modification.. and $100 in upgrading my steering pump.. but its all done and works great.

discussion thread "can powersteering run my plow" truck repair.

Just a thought.

justme-
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Why not- Several winch companies have hydraulic winches that plumb into the power steering system.

tvpierce
11-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Plow Pirate,

How's the speed? Does the PS pump deliver enough volume to raise/lower/angle at the same speed as the fisher system?

I also assumed that the reservoir for the PS pump would not hold enough for a full raising of the plow. Did you add another reservoir?

jp

Big Dog D
11-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Do yourself afavor and convert to the SEHP setup. It will probably be cheaper and easier in the long run. If not just start calling junkyards, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and awhile.

tvpierce
11-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Guys, Just starting out in the business this season and was wondering if someone could help? I aquired an older (95 or 96) Fisher Minute mount plow with belt driven hydraulics. My question is does anyone know a site I can get the pulley and mounting brackets for my 94 Ford F150 W/302 & A/C? I found the 7520D bulletin on the fisher website, now I have to find the part kit! Is this a kit Fisher would still make? Please Help! Thanks in Advance ,Al

No, Fisher doesn't make the parts anymore. But you might find a dealer who has what you need in left-over stock. There are also dealers who sell used parts. (the parts you need don't wear out, so used would be the way to go if you can find them) Your best bet may be to check Ebay, or your local newspaper or want ad digest.

Good luck. Post back with what you find. Personally, I would NOT switch to electric over hydraulic if you can avoid it.

jp

PiratePlow
11-07-2005, 04:29 AM
I posted an article under truck maintenance/repairs.. "can power steering run my plow"

The speed.. it takes 3 seconds to go from full right to full left... just under 2 seconds to raise. My blade weighs about 100 lbs and I could add another 500 to it and it still raised at engine idle.

resevoir: I attached about 9" of 1 1/2" PVC tube to the neck of the pump, using a rubber sleeve and 2 hose clamps (all from home depot plumbing.. about $10) and a PVC cap set on the top with 2 small holes drilled in as venting.

see the pictures and diagrans on this thread.
http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=27764

al2275
11-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Sound interesting, might just try that if all else fails! This is a minute mount setup you did this with? Let me know, and good luck!

PiratePlow
11-08-2005, 02:45 AM
used to be a minute mount for a bronco II

I modified it to fit my full sized bronco. 7 1/2' blade..

I put the quck disconnects on the lines so I can still drop the blade
as it was designed.

tvpierce
11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Wow... excellent job, Mathew.

One questionable figure though: How did you figure your Fisher 7' plow only weighs 100 lbs? I think it's more like 400 - 500 -- which makes your set-up that much more impressive.

Your work and documentation will keep many-a-Fisher system working for years to come on numerous vehicles.

Again, great job!

jp

PiratePlow
11-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I was guestimating the weight of my blade (the weight the hydraulics are moving around) based on how easy i can pick it up and move it... The WHOLE plow setup with blade, is about 400 lbs.

thanks for the praise.