PDA

View Full Version : just bought a little Fisher

Detroitdan
10-22-2005, 06:46 AM
I just bought an 88 S-10 with a Fisher plow. Is there anything I should watch out for? It seems to operate properly, but I've never had an electric type system before. It creates a huge draw when you move the plow, the guy told me this is normal and it seems like it would be, considering how much it has to move. I thought the little light duty plows were either 6 or 6.5, but the guy told me it's 7. I didnt measure it yet. Anybody put a snowfoil on top? It looks kind of short.

wfd44
10-22-2005, 11:04 AM
You probbly have the 7' LD blade (steel trip edge blade with poly edge and no shoes). MM1 with solenoid electric hydraulic pack I presume. All in all a great small set up. If I could have put one of these on my 01 S-10 I might still have it. I dont think a snow foil is available for the LD but you should be able to get (or have fabbed) a Fisher style steel deflector. This will add some height to the blade. As far as maintenance issues - an old automotive professor once told me to always remember BSACACAT (Be Sure All Connections Are Clean And Tight). When in doubt check connections and protect with dialectric grease. :nod: