PDA

View Full Version : Newfoundland

MIAWPUKEK
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Once in a while, we get hit with a hard storm too! This is when I said "enough of this, I'm gettin' a plow!!!"

*hope this pic works*

MIAWPUKEK
10-14-2005, 08:08 AM
There, got it to work! The driveway is about 300 ft long, one lane. It took my uncle 2 and half hours to just get to the house, not including plowing around the house afterwards. "I'm Gettin' A Plow!!"

Oshkosh
10-14-2005, 09:46 AM
There, got it to work! The driveway is about 300 ft long, one lane. It took my uncle 2 and half hours to just get to the house, not including plowing around the house afterwards. "I'm Gettin' A Plow!!"

Hello, What is the going rate up there to plow a driveway like that?
Nice photo by the way.

MIAWPUKEK
10-14-2005, 03:19 PM
you don't get $$$$ all for plowing driveways around here when you look at what it does to your pick up. You might get between 10 dollars and 20 dollars depending on the size of the driveway. And believe me, some of the driveways around here, plus the extras the homeowner wants you to do, is worth wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than 20 bucks!

If anyone else got any storm pics of Newfoundland, put 'em on!!

Fishtank
01-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Just a couple of picks looking out my front door during a wee little blizzard in Eastern Newfoundland. The grader you see has a big ole v-blade on the front - trying to clear the road where it is blown in and blocked off. The grader was there for 30 minutes clearing that section. excuse the bad pics - it was snowing and blowing and was my old camera.

http://home.thezone.net/~dcook/nfldgrader1.jpg

And here is number 2

http://home.thezone.net/~dcook/nfldgrader2.jpg

Winter Land Man
01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Just a couple of picks looking out my front door during a wee little blizzard in Eastern Newfoundland. The grader you see has a big ole v-blade on the front - trying to clear the road where it is blown in and blocked off. The grader was there for 30 minutes clearing that section. excuse the bad pics - it was snowing and blowing and was my old camera.

http://home.thezone.net/~dcook/nfldgrader1.jpg

And here is number 2

http://home.thezone.net/~dcook/nfldgrader2.jpg

Nice pics!!!

DJC
01-09-2006, 08:06 PM
you don't get $$$$ all for plowing driveways around here when you look at what it does to your pick up. You might get between 10 dollars and 20 dollars depending on the size of the driveway. And believe me, some of the driveways around here, plus the extras the homeowner wants you to do, is worth wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than 20 bucks!

If anyone else got any storm pics of Newfoundland, put 'em on!!

Where in NF do you live???? I have been there several times. Corner brook, English Harbor West, Rocky Harbor. You name it!!!!::waving:

MIAWPUKEK
01-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm from the South Coast, Connaigre area.....Bay D' Espoir. But I decided to go back to school in Grand Falls Windsor (central), and then to University in Corner Brook. Whever I goes, I'm taking my plow with me!

DJC
01-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm from the South Coast, Connaigre area.....Bay D' Espoir. But I decided to go back to school in Grand Falls Windsor (central), and then to University in Corner Brook. Whever I goes, I'm taking my plow with me!

Yup I have been to all those places also. I know what you mean about winter. I remember flying into Gander on afternoon and nothing but a whiteout. pilots here in the US would have turned around and said screw it!!! LOL.

MIAWPUKEK
01-26-2006, 05:16 PM
January 26th, finally got some snow worth plowing. 40+ cm between today and expected tomorrow.

SuperDuty
01-26-2006, 06:56 PM
:drinkup: Checked out your web site...GOOD LUCK EHH!!!!!:drinkup:

MIAWPUKEK
01-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Thank you very much. We're both very excited.....and nervous!

MIAWPUKEK
02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
There's currently a blizzard hitting Newfoundland, this is the downtown St. John's in front of Mile One Stadium. Expected to get 30-40 cm (12-16 inches)!!!!

MIAWPUKEK
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Snow warning for St. John's has been upgraded to 40 - 55 cm (16-22 inches) and 120 kph (75 mph) winds causing severe whiteouts. Lucky buggers!

Plow-chic
02-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Just checked out your site. Congrats on the engagement! Happy Valentines Day!:drinkup: