PDA

View Full Version : Electrical system help

kubotab7800
09-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I am in need of a little help hooking this up:

What I have is a 2005 Chevy Duramax

I have harness #26351 and 26352 What one is driver and passenger side?

Where do I hook into for the siginal and all the others?

also do I hook right into the head lights and day running lights right behind the bulbs?

Anyone know or have a idea where to mount the module on a Duramax? Pic's?

thanks

Averysdad
09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
not sure about the Chevy but have you looked up the various manuals and schematics on fishers website?

thats what I used for a reference when I installed mine.

Crash935
09-23-2005, 07:33 PM
we'll start backwards with the answers,

A good place to put the iso module is along the firewall between the drivers fender and the brake booster, you can use with ties to hold it in place to the large factory harness.

To hook into the headlights you need to unplug the factory harness and plug the fisher harness into the bulb, the factory harness then plugs into the female end of the fisher harness, these plugs have reference guides and need to be plugged in correctly.To hook up the turn signals, marker and DRLS you will need to cut the factory wiring behind the bulb (leave yourself enough wire to work with). You will hook up the marker lights (brown to brown), DRL (pink to blue) , this is the bulb that is clear and closer to the center of the truck, on the drivers side only. You will have to hook up the turn signal wires on both the drivers side and the passengers side (purple to blue)

the shorter harness is usually the drivers side if you put the iso mod on the drivers side of the truck, if you put it on the pass side just flid everything from above over so you pick up marker and drl on the pass side.

kubotab7800
09-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Thanks Very Much I will give it a shot today and post how I made out.... your post made it much more clear 1 more question where is the hole in the firewall? ( don't want to dill holes) I did the search and found it to be the throttle wire any tips on to make it work easy? also do I need a hot ignition wire for the cab controller? its a 05 extended cab with plow prep thanks

flykelley
09-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Thanks Very Much I will give it a shot today and post how I made out.... your post made it much more clear 1 more question where is the hole in the firewall? ( don't want to dill holes) I did the search and found it to be the throttle wire any tips on to make it work easy? also do I need a hot ignition wire for the cab controller? its a 05 extended cab with plow prep thanksKubotab
There is no hole on the 05s you have to drill your own. Driver's side of the firewall next to the brake booster there is a place to drill your hole. Do a search for a thread " Where is the hole in my firewall" by flykelley. I posted before and after pictures.
It should be the same place, but I have the 6.0 not the Dura max. I also tool some split flex tube and installed that along with silcone caulk to hold it in place so the wire's will not get cut.

Good Luck Mike

flykelley
09-24-2005, 09:26 AM
this is the thread "Where is the hole in my firewall on my 05 chevy"

kubotab7800
09-24-2005, 03:19 PM
A Huge Thanks to Crash Awesome details Worked like I did it 100X....

Just looking for input:

has any one used the gas pedal wire through the fire wall for the inside controls?
Any Details if you have of how you did it... I will not Drill through the firewall!!!