PDA

View Full Version : Removing blade from A-frame

danno
09-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I want to remove my MM1 7.5 blade from the A-frame for painting. What proceedure is the best ? What about re-attaching ?

danno
09-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Anybody? :mad:

Crash935
09-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Theres 2 good ways and one that will cost you a few cold ones to get your buddies over,

if you dont have to drive the truck and can let it sit while you have the blade blasted then hook the plow to the truck, raise it and then drop it back down, once it hits the ground take it out of float, remove the pins for the turn cylinders at the blade and the center pin at the a frame and then slide the board away from the a frame but dont go a raise, turn or lower anything after its apart and you should be able to slide it right back in place.

if you have a chain fall then flip the plow on it face, secure it on the outside ends of the a frame, pull the cylinder pins and center pins an lift the a-frame assy from the board,

if these wont work you will have to get the cold ones and do the same as above but use your buddies to do the lifting

danno
10-01-2005, 04:10 PM
When the blade is removed from the a-frame, will the blade automatically flip forward? If so, could I put a roller jack under the back frame to keep it level and say tie rope to the eye hooks and to some cinder blocks, and place the blocks behind the blade, with the rope taught ? Any better ideas other than using a over head hoist?