View Full Version : how to tell a MM

09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Can somebody explain to me when they went to Minute Mount, or what exactly defines a "minute mount"? I have been shopping for a used one, and I find that everybody thinks they have a minute mount when they have what I think is old fashioned conventional style. I thought that minute mounts were all electric over hydraulic mounted out front, while the underhood pump style were not MM. Any help is appreciated, so I dont sound foolish while shopping.

09-12-2005, 07:14 PM
simple- a MM are VERY easy to identify- if the lift frame (headgear) detaches from the truck you have a minute mount. Period. There are/were all electric MM models and all hydraulic MM models. The first MM models were hydraulic under the hood, then came electric hydraulic under the hood, followed by the most common electrohydraulic on the headgear. Not sure what year they started MM models, but I think it was around 1990. My 86 is a normal system and my 96 is a MM1.
The headgear staying on the truck is a normal setup- the blades commonly used with then were called "speedcast" because they were designed to cast snow further than a typical blade.

09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
thanks! I knew the part about the headgear coming off, like the newer ones, but I thought if it had the underhood setup it must be pre-MM

09-12-2005, 09:44 PM
i dont think to many people run the under hood hydro kits anymore. It is what is on my truck though. Love it not sure if i would like the all electric plows.

10-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Most guys in Northern New England call a Fisher conventional plow a "Quick Switch" plow.

In my humble opinion, an under-hood/belt-driven pump with a Minute Mount setup is the ultimate. No electrical connections to contend with.