PDA

View Full Version : Which model is best for truck?

mcwlandscaping
09-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Best Fisher plow for 1996 GMC suburban 2500 4x4:
I would like an XBlade for it or an HD because it will be used for commercial use. I have done a ton of reseach and am 95% sure i want to go with fisher. My dad would plow my clients for me this winter then next i will have my lisense and do it myself. So which one is best for this truck and how much if any ballast will be required? I know this kinda sounds like my other posts and am sorry, just thought that since i am talking about fisher it should go in this forum. I didn't know this was here before! Sorry. If you need more info to make a decision just let me know, thanks!

DBL
09-11-2005, 01:59 AM
i want to first say i like your style kid i read a lot of your stuff on lawn site and its great starting a business out that young me and my bro did it but anyway thats off topic and im a meyers man myself just because ive always been around them but you have to look at the guys in places that get hammered with snow and they all have fishers but i think a 7'6 regular duty or commercial blade would be good for the truck. i dont know about the suspension on it but you have to think of the front end and how much weight youll have on it a standard blade will do the same as an xblade if you take care of it. the regular duty plow will be perfect for you and the weight is just right. hope that helps

Tom

SIPLOWGUY
09-11-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm a happy Fisher owner for many years now. I currentl have an 8 Ft SS-X-Blade and a 6'8" MM.

justme-
09-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Talk to Fisher for the ballast requirements for any given plow/truck issues. As to which model- it's personal choice. I have never run an xblade, but I really like alot about them. The only drawback for me is weight versus a normal HD blade.

Personally I don't recomend plowing with a Sub- they have alot of blind spots compaired to a normal pickup and many of them are not even 3/4 ton trucks. Also depends on the engine FAWR and such.

good luck tho, either way.