PDA

View Full Version : 8' Fisher X-Blade

Yaz
05-04-2005, 02:54 PM
:crying: Could anyone do me a huge favor? I need someone to measure their 8' X blade from the the very front edge of the blade horizontally over the mounting pins. I only have 45 inches of clearance in my garage for this plow and don't want it to be left outside. Thanks if have a time to do this. :help:

salopez
05-04-2005, 09:29 PM
fisher's web site should tell you how far out the plow sits.

Yaz
05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately Fisher could only give me dimensions from the Mounting pins to the front angle pin, they tell me it's 26". I need a dimension from the very front of the top of the blade. That way I'll know if I can leave this blade in my Garage without crashing into the wall! :dizzy:

Yaz
05-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks Salopez

You sent me off in the right direction : The web wasn't good like I typed above but a 2nd email directly to them got me this responce. I figured I would post for any other to read.

All X-blades have the leading (top) edge of the blade 48" forward of the connecting pin. This is about 9 to 11 inches longer than any older Fisher blades. This increased length is due to the blades increased height and angle of attach relative to the ground coupled with an increased "overhang" dimension to improve snow rolling. It can not be made shorter by using a different A-frame.

Fisher Engineering

Rappa
05-05-2005, 04:48 PM
The best thing about my x-blades is that I can leave them outside and not worry about them. Stainless steel baby. A little soap and a quick brillo pad in the fall and the look great.

Yaz
05-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Rappa

Small word. I been trying to get a hold of you. I work in Wilmington. How can I checkout your rig? Did you get my email address? I am so close to not fitting mt truck in my garage. I can't buy it...If I only had the identical truck to pull in there?? hint hint.... sure would s*&K if i bought it and it didn't fit. :crying:

John

Rappa
05-09-2005, 09:46 AM
John My email address is Rappa21@yahoo.com. I would like to help you out if possible. -Ryan-

SIPLOWGUY
07-15-2005, 08:58 PM
My "X" is outside. I cover the headgear!