PDA

View Full Version : fisher ez-v questions

dmelicious
04-01-2005, 09:55 PM
hey guys, well i thought i was decided on a plow, but i am having a hard time. i have looked at the boss, straight, and v. the western v and pro plus, and now the fisher hd, and ezv. i cant decide. on the ezv did they eliminate the crease and crackl issues? i will get the 8.5. also i wondered how all the plows listed rate to you guys. i am just starting up and i have a 97 f350 psd 7.3turbo. i will do alot of residential, i also just got a speedcaster 2 spreader. i know everyone asks alot about which plow but i really need help. i can get a good deal on the fisher v and the boss v. both installed for 3800 out the door. that is why they came up, because i was all set to go with a straight blade, but since the straight blades are 3500 or so i figure what the hell for a little more money why no get the v. any input is greatly appreciated. thanks alot dan.

vipereng2
04-02-2005, 09:11 AM
and having the same problem you are good luck if you get any info let me know :dizzy:

tessdad
04-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Go V!

Ask anyone who has one, the control of "trail off" is better than any straight blade. It does everything a straight blade does, and more. I wouldn't buy it for the V position, but rather, the scoop position and everything in between.

BASIC
04-02-2005, 08:17 PM
dmelicious,sir,I have an EZ-V 8.6.I think the crease and cracking issue are more a problem with the 9.6 blade.If you doing residential and your sure you'll be doing mostly residential in the future,I think I might buy the Western Pro Plus.I think the most important thing in choosing a brand plow is finding a dealer you can trust.If you think you might want to do commercial in the future,than look at the EZ-V or the Blizzard 810.In my limited experience,the V dosen't really make that much of a difference in residential driveways unless their unusally large.Good luck,BASIC.

Fastcar
04-03-2005, 12:06 PM
You said you were going to be doing residential. Anything more than 8' will be a pia imo.
I've used fisher straight for 30 years and have had only to replace a couple of solenoid's. The V looks good but, more stuff to go wrong, more spare parts to stock also been reading about a number of problems with them. Always remember, KISS.

Roy

ratlover
04-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I have a 9.5' V and plow agressivly. Used 2 seasons and no cracking. I much prefer the fisher/western V's over the boss just for the tripping. I've ran both. Boss is a good blade other than the tripping is crappy for how I plow. If you go slower plowing resi and such it may be ok for you. If you get a fisher or western get a fishstic WITHOUT THE MODE BUTTON!!!!!

Depending a V may be better in residential becasue its scoop mode is more narrow than a blizzard.

Not much more to break on a V blade if you look at it.

I've ran boss v's, own a fisher V and have ran a western V. If you have any particular Q's leme know.

Mark Oomkes
04-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm with ratlover, go with the Fisher. We have 3 older Boss V's which have had way more repairs than should have been necessary, IMO. The only thing that is better on the Boss is the hydraulics--very fast.

We have 1 8'6" and 1 9'6" no creasing on either. The 9'6" is 2 seasons old and on a 550 with a spreader--GVW is maxed out when loaded so if there was a problem, I think we would have seen it by now. No problems with the 8'6" either.

For $300, definitely purchase the v plow, even if you never plan on doing more than drives, it will pay for itself. Overall, I would recommend a Blizzard over any other plow out right now, they are the most productive plow I have seen in 20 years of plowing.

mike vaillancou
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
i been selling fisher plows for 15 years and i will not sell one of tthere junk cracking v plows i sell fisher and if want v go boss if not fisher them sell will not take care of junk cracking v plows

mikeww
12-05-2005, 09:24 PM
What does this mode button do that they keep saying not to get.

Midwest
12-05-2005, 09:30 PM
i been selling fisher plows for 15 years and i will not sell one of tthere junk cracking v plows i sell fisher and if want v go boss if not fisher them sell will not take care of junk cracking v plows

:drinkup: sure wish:drinkup: I culd undrstand wut ur triing to:drinkup: say:salute:

Midwest
12-05-2005, 09:33 PM
What does this mode button do that they keep saying not to get.

The mode button on the older fish stick is what you need to press to switch between modes

IE;;mode one-straight plow
mode two- v or scoop positions
mode three- independant operation of both wings

The new controller has specific buttons for v, scoop, left wing, right wing. Its much better, but I was very efficient with the older one as well:D

ratlover
12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
the old mode button you had to hold down for a few seconds to change. The new one still has extra buttons to change between modes but you dont have 1 "mode" button that toggles between em all